Just A Nap

"Just A Nap"

It was just a normal day at the ZPD. Clawhauser was busy greeting everyone from the front desk, a few officers were out on a few calls Bogo received, while Nick and Judy were in their office, Judy filling out reports while Nick wasn't doing anything as usual.

"Nick! Come on! We've got reports to file out!" Judy complains, looking over at her partner, Nick, who was stretched out on the small couch, on his phone. Nick's head perks up slightly as he hears his name.

"I've already done them! Typed them out on my phone and printed them!" Nick says, returning his attention to his Furbook feed.

"Then help me!" Judy says, finishing another report, with twenty more to go.

"You got it, Carrots," Nick says, keeping his eyes on the screen, until the inevitable happens to Nick. His phone dies. He reaches in his pocket, but freezes. All he feels is his wallet.

"Hey. Have you seen my charger?" Nick asks, getting up to search the office for his charger. Judy sighs in disappointment as Nick searches the office.

"No I haven't, Nick. Why do you ask?" Judy says, trying not to smirk, as she glances down at one of the desk drawers that contains Nick's phone charger.

"My phone died," Nick says dramatically. Judy just chuckles at Nick's drama before rolling her eyes.

"Perhaps you left it at your apartment?" Judy fakely suggests. Nick's face drops as she says that.

"Now what am I to do?" Nick complains, plopping back down on the couch.

"Perhaps help me with these reports?" Judy suggests, setting another finished one aside. Nick grunts lightly as he gets up, walking over to Judy.

"Fine, if it'll get you to stop asking," Nick says. Judy smiles lightly as Nick rolls his chair beside her, grabbing a few reports.

"Thank you, Nick," Judy says, seeing him grab a pen. The two sit there, filling out reports for a while until Nick breaks the silence.

"How can you stand to do this?" Nick blurts out of nowhere.

"You tell me, how can you stand to be on that phone of yours twenty-four seven?" Judy says, looking at Nick, who has actually filled out a report. Nick's silent for a while, which surprises Judy, until she feels a warm puff of air across her cheek, causing a faint blush that can barely be seen due to Judy's grey fur.

Stopping her work, she looks and sees the red and cream snout right beside her. Judy rolls her eyes and resumes her work, Nick watching over her shoulder. After a short while, Nick leaves Judy's shoulder and gets back to the pile of reports that he grabbed. It's not long before Judy feels Nick's breath across her cheek again.

"Nick. Cut it out. I'm trying to get these filled out," Judy says. She figures it pointless to try to get him to move as he stays put. It's not long before she feels some pressure on her shoulder. She turns barely to see a sleepy-eyed Nick staring back at her sideways glance. Nick removes his snout off Judy's shoulder, only to place it in-between her ears. Rolling her eyes, Judy tries to return to the reports that need to be filled out before the end of the day. It isn't long before Judy feels Nick shift on her head, to where his neck in on her ear, flattening it against the back of her head.

"Nick?" Judy says, curious as to what her partner is up to. Judy's call is answered by a light snore from Nick. Pulling out her own phone, Judy opens up the camera and aims the camera at herself, only to see Nick asleep, resting against her. Putting her phone away, Judy rolls her eyes, smiling lightly, as she resumes filling out the remaining reports while Nick sleeps, resting against the back of her head.

This short was, in fact, inspired by the fanart graciously shown in the media portion above