Two - The Past

ROSE ANN was in sixth grade when her mother met Don Joaquin. It was like striking in lottery because the man was hooked immediately with her mother. Everyone thought they were so lucky to have their life changed for the better. But little did they know, the kind and gentleman Don Joaquin Romero was just a mask, because behind those mask is the devil himself who ascended to earth to give them hell.

Even after finding that out, her mother didn't budge and decided to stay with him anyway. Ayaw na raw nitong bumalik pa sa club. Minsan lang daw dumating ang ganitong biyaya, hindi man perperkto, at least kahit paano ay hindi na sila maghihirap. Sa batang edad, ano pa nga ba ang magagawa niya kung hindi ang sumunod?

She was in her final year in her high school when her mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. It was too late for the treatment; she withstood the pain for so long until it reached the end stage, now it was too late to save her.

But that did not stop her step-father from maltreating her mother. He continued to hurt her, abused emotionally and physically. Oh how she hated him! And how she hated her mother for not retaliating. She told her that now she's sick, they needed the old man more than ever.

Ilang beses siyang naglayas pero sa tuwina'y naibabalik siya palagi sa poder ng mga ito. Ayaw niyang makita ang pahihirap ng ina dahil sa sakit nito. Mas lalong ayaw niyang makita ang pang-aabuso ng ama-amahan kahit pa may sakit ang kaniyang ina. At hindi lang iyon, nasaksihan din niya kung paanong maging sadista ang matanda sa pakikipag-niig sa kanyang ina. Hindi niya sinasadya pero nakita niya iyon minsan. Halos masuka siya sa nasaksihan.

Kaya naman lalo siyang nagalit sa ina. Bakit? Bakit hinahayaan nito ang lalaking iyon na babuyin ang katauan nito? Bakit?

Kahit kailan ay hindi niya maiintindihan iyon. Hanggang sa pumanaw ito at sa ama-amahan pa siya inihabilin. Pero naglayas uli siya. Nagpakalayo-layo pero sadyang malakas ang koneksiyon nito at mapera kaya naman naibalik uli siya sa mansiyon na labag sa kanyang kalooban. At simula noon, palagi na siyang ikinukulong sa basement kapag sumusuway siya sa kagustuhan ng Don.

The only consolation Rose Ann got was when she entered college and realized she's attending the university where Jamin Alejandro was. Rose Ann may be aloof and preferred to stay quiet and alone, but she has the beauty that no one could ignore. That's why she is called a beautiful angel.

May ganda raw siya na hindi makabasag pinggan kaya naman todo ang paghanga sa kanya. Binansagang anghel dahil sobra raw ang bait niya, manang-mana sa kanyang ama na si Don Joaquin dahil kilala ito sa mga charities na dinadaluhan nito. But only her and the devil himself knew the truth, the stinking truth.

Jamin Alejandro is a star struck. Lapitin ng babae. Lapitin ng barkada. Matalino, mayaman, magaling sa kahit anong activities, academically or sports, lahat ay kaya nitong gampanan. Dahil kilala rin ang ama nito sa pagiging pilantropo, pinanindigan nito ang pagiging isang huwarang estudyante, anak at mamamayan. He smiles his best and he always does a good job in everything.

Jamin Alejandro always maintained a clean cut look. He has a Spanish blood in him that he inherited from his father, and the other half of Filipino blood that he got from his mother. He has a semi-curled hair, an oval shape face, as well as his brown eyes, with eyebrows set straight and a straight mid-length nose. His mouth has an average lips, and he's tall at the height of six feet and an inch.

He always smiles. He always makes himself approachable. Kaya naman hindi rin naiwasan ni Rose Ann ang palihim na hangaan ito. Sinusundan niya ang bawat activities nito. Nangalap ng mga picture's sa mga papel at magazines na mapi-feature ito. Like any other girls, she was once a cutesy-tootsie girl fantasizing about him, but all were done in secrets.

And like any other girls who couldn't realize their dreams, Rose Ann feelings stayed hidden and secret. Nakuntento na lang siyang tingnan ito sa malayuan hanggang sa sabay silang nagtapos ng college-- si Jamin sa business course at siya, kapareho nito pero kahit minsan ay hindi siya nito napansin.

Right after college, Don Joaquin forced her to work for him at the lowest level. He wanted to show that nepotism is not allowed in his company. But she knew the truth; it was just to save his face. He didn't want any tongues wagging against his reputation. He sent her into different positions to spy for him. Yes, to watch out every department and find out what they are plotting against his back.

That's what he does; he makes other people do his dirty tricks while he is saving his face. And Rose Ann herself is the perfect bait. Everyone sees her as the beautiful angel so everyone befriended her. She is getting sick of it, of pretending to be nice and perfect. She hates all of it.

Little did she know, it was all Don Joaquin's plan to have a daughter such as her to bring more business into his company, means more money in his pocket. That's how sly he is. He uses her beauty, her kindness to attract charities. And the more she does appearances in the social world, the more business he gets. That's why she has to maintain that act as solid as she can be.

Don Joaquin looked at the magazine where Jamin Alejandro and his Empire Company have been featured. Alejandro's businesses are booming fast and he wants a part of it. They are opening an auction for the shares they are releasing in next two months so he has to prepare everything. It is hard to get in since he's not a family member and only a family can bid for the shares. That's where Rose Ann will come in. He slyly smiled about the idea that's playing in his mind.

Jamin Alejandro received a call from Don Joaquin Romero, the father of charity, that's what the media calls him because of the non-stop charities he organizes and helps out. He is also known for being the father of Rose Ann Romero, the lady with a nightingale heart.

Jamin smiled upon thinking of her. She sure is beautiful, the kind of beauty that is classic. Her wavy long black hair is always in place, not a strand to see and neatly tucks behind her ear while the other side just naturally sways against her cheek. She always has a smile plastered on her face, and not a hint of hypocrisy. She is quick to approach and easy to talk to.

Her red pucker lip what's always pulls him back to look at. They are naturally red even with just a hint of lipstick. She has a set of brown straight misty eyes that look back straight at you, as if looking to your very soul. Her brows are always in perfect round shape, while her medium delicate nose compliments her high cheekbones. Her heart shape face made every feature in her face perfectly just for her.

Rose Ann is five feet and seven inches tall, and at the age of twenty three, she is considered the most sought bachelorette in the country. She is a perfect masterpiece that every man would want to have. Her slender body was sculpted carefully, putting every shape in place perfectly. Though her breasts are always covered, Jamin knew that the other men were also thinking how those pair of boobs would size up to their palms. Her ass looks so fine it makes every man want to squeeze them.

He nodded his head, erasing the unpleasant thoughts he's having of her. There's just something about her that he's piqued on. Good girls like bad stuffs, iyon ang sinabi ng kaibigan niyang si Bret sa tuwing magkaka-upuan silang magbabarkada at pag-uusapan nila ang katatapos na charity ball na kinabilangan nila.

He's been in a few charity events with Don Joaquin, but he never once met Rose Ann personally. She was always in the middle of the event so it was hard to get her attention. At alam niyang kahit pagod ay pinanatili nito ang mga ngiti sa labi at hindi nagreklamo sa matataas na takong ng suot nitong sapatos. Kaya naman hinahangaan niya ang pagkatao nito at naniniwalang tama lang na bansagan itong a beautiful angel dahil bagay nga ito rito.

At hindi rin niya alam kung bakit hindi niya magawang lumapit dito. Siguro ay dahil hindi pa lang niya mawari kung sino ba talaga si Rose Ann Romero sa likod ng mga party na ito.

A/N:

This is still unedited. Please pardon the errors for now. Please vote and or comment. 

Thanks,

Micx