It was like that was it? Rachel was upset at herself for not catching on sooner.

"A dear," Rachel said. "You came up in conversation you know?"

Addie turned to look at Rachel, her face flushed.

"His exact words were, 'Sweet Addie, she's class.'" Rachel watched as Addie turned an even brighter shade of red.

"Did you know he was in the Army with Dr. Cooper?"

Addie nodded. "Yes, we talked about it once. Paul said that it was absolutely horrible, and he didn't even have to see half of what Jack saw." She grabbed her last item. "You'll wait for me?"

"Sure, I have all day."

While Addie was showering and changing, Rachel thought once again about how dense she had been, then with a sigh, knowing that it no longer mattered, she rose and put her hair up in its normal ponytail. She was changing her shirt when Addie re-entered the room.

"Where are your rings?" she asked a worried expression on her face.

She owed Addie the truth because it was going to get worse before she left. "I gave them back to Jack."

"Why Jack?" Addie looked confused, "what do you mean you gave them back to Jack?"

"They're Jacks rings so I gave them back to him?" Rachel pulled her shirt over her head just as Addie sat heavily on the bed.

"Jack's married, your married to Jack?" Her mouth was hanging open.

"Yes, we were married seven years ago and have been separated for five years."

"Well that didn't last long." Addie said without thinking then clapped her hand over her mouth.

Rachel laughed. "No it didn't."

"Is that why you came here, for a reconciliation?"

"No, I had no clue Jack would be here, and when he walked into the intro class on our first day I was stunned." She sat across from Addie watching her absorb it all.

"Was he shocked too?"

"No, I got the impression that he knew I was coming."

Addie shook her head. "Well a lot makes sense now. You don't want to talk about this do you?"

"No, not really, but I will if you want to." Rachel braced herself for a round of Q & A.

"Nah, let's go eat." Addie paused at the door. "Who else knows?"

"Paul and Ava and Bob Schroder." Rachel filled her in on the rest of the trip and who the Schroders were.

When they arrived at the cafeteria it was packed. Rachel noticed that Jack was sitting at a table with Ava, Bob, Dr. Lancaster, and Nurse Bowers. Paul was sitting at a table on the opposite side of the room, and there were a few empty seats by him, so after they got their trays they joined him.

"Rachel told me it was an eventful trip," Addie said smiling at Paul who returned her smile.

"Addie's filled in on everything Paul," Rachel said looking up and catching Ava watching her. She gave a wave and went back to eating. She let Paul and Addie's conversation wash over her as she filled her belly, and she was taken completely by surprise when someone sat next to her. When she looked up it was Ava.

"Good lord that woman is something else." She sat fanning herself with a folder.

Rachel looked over at the other table and noticed that Bob and Jack were talking about something and were either unaware or didn' care that Ava had wandered off to talk to them. Dr. Lancaster looked resigned and Nurse Bowers looked very stern.