Chapter 16

As soon as I walk into the guild, the first person I bump into is Mira serving beers and food. "You and Sting look super cute together!" She squeals and I feel the blood drain from my face. I was so nervous about seeing Gray I forgot about the fucking magazine.

"I don't want to hear it, Mira."

"You've come to the wrong place, then. It's been the buzz around here since yesterday afternoon."

"Fuck."

Just then, Lucy comes stomping over. "Sting?" She hisses. "Sting Eucliffe?! No! It's supposed to be you and Gray, damn it!"

"Lucy, don't start with me!"

"But..."

"No!" I stomp away, following Mira to the bar. Just then Evergreen strolls over and smiles. "Don't even say anything."

"He's a hot piece of ass, (y/n). Good for you, landing Sabertooth's master."

"Ugh." I groan, my head in my hands.

"I want details."

"Only if you tell me how much you like Elfman." I grumble, knowing she wouldn't dare.

"Shut up!" She squeals before storming off.

"So, a dragon slaying boyfriend, huh?" Loke asks before sitting beside me.

"Fuck my life. Mira, two pints please."

"Oh, thanks." Loke says.

"They're both for me."

"It's ten in the morning!"

"Yeah, well if I have to hear everyone's questions about Sting, I'm having a couple drinks."

"Apparently at the same time."

"Mind your own."

"Like that'll happen."

Mira sets my drinks down and giggles before going upstairs to see Makarov.

"You just missed Gray." Loke drawls, looking at me for my reaction.

"He didn't stay long today?"

"Nope. He seemed a little agitated with today's topic of discussion. You know, your new boyfriend."

"He isn't my boyfriend."

"Whatever, all I know is that when I showed him the magazine, he looked really upset and took off."

"Weird."

"Don't bull shit me. I know there's something going on between you two. What did I tell you about hurting him?"

"Look, Loke —" I'm cut off by him punching me in the face before I fall off my bar stool.

"I'm sorry, but I told you I'd give you a beating if you did anything to hurt him." I look up at him and nod, waiting for the next strike. "I don't know what you did, but I know it was something!" He says quietly as he kicks me, sending me flying a few feet towards the corner of the guild.

"What the hell, Loke?!" Natsu bellows.

"Stay out of it, Natsu." I grunt through a flurry of punches.

"Why isn't she fighting back?" Laki asks.

"It's weird that she's just sitting there..." Kinana agrees with her as I take a few more kicks.

"I'm starting to feel bad about this," Loke whispers, "just one more hit and we'll call it done."

"Do as much damage as you please. I deserve it."