"Live in your metaphor or not," Dan throws back, still disbelieving as he cuts Lucifer off. "I know I did wrong, because I lost the only things that mattered to me. Chloe and myself will never be together again. I am forever sorry for that."

Lucifer rolls his eyes so hard, he feels like they could almost be felt at the back of his head. "You never deserved her in the first place."

There is a moment of silence that hangs between them, before Dan shatters it all with only simple words. "And what makes you think the 'devil' deserves her? What makes you think she wants you?"

Lucifer is caught off guard. He hadn't thought a lot about this. Blinded by his love for Chloe, did she even feel the same way? There had been that moment where he had saved her life when she was shot, and she looked at him and smiled even for only a second. At that moment, she had probably accepted death had come for her, not knowing this stranger she had just met would save her. Since then there had been many moments where she had saved him, making Lucifer feel connected to her in some way, shape, or form. That night in the club only hours ago, they had almost shared a passionate kiss. Doesn't she feel the same way? How could she ever love such a beast like himself?

But was that what really mattered here? Even if she doesn't return Lucifer's feelings, he still has the obligation to save her. There is no reason not to, and it would be a right move in a long book of wrongs.

"Let's just focus on the case Detective Douche," Lucifer snarks.

"If that is how you want to play it," Dan replies. "We can't further our investigation until we test both samples. This could be anyone's blood, we need to confirm it is Chloe's and Thomas'-"

"That could take as long as the first scan!" Lucifer cries.

"There is liability issues if we take anything further action without taking this step first. We have to wait for the results." Detective Douche continues, but Lucifer is done listening.

"Chloe could be dead right now!" He screams. "She could be being tortured, raped, or being set on fire like the last three victims, there is no time to waste anymore!"

"We need to-"

"We need to go get Chloe," Lucifer shouts, cutting Dan off one last time. He is already turning and walking away from the man, his hand waving in the air at his side. "I'm going to go find her. If I find anything I'll text you the detail to bring police backup."

"Lucifer!" Dan screams. "You can't just do things like this!"

Lucifer stops in his tracks, his back still straight as he only turns his head ninety degrees while enunciating his threat. "Watch me."

Eventually Lucifer find his way past his steaming thoughts and red blazed eyes back to the lab. Dan won't be here for a little while longer, and Lucifer takes the opportunity to slouch in the very small chair Chloe herself sat in the last time he laid eyes on her. The last place he may ever see her was in this very chair.

Enough with the negativity Lucifer, it is getting you no where, Lucifer tells himself. He places his feet up on the desk, and stares at the ceiling. When Chloe is stuck on a case, what does she do? What does she do? She...she...

Then it hits him like an oncoming train, the realization he needs to start again. Right from scratch, back to that Friday morning. When they first met Thomas, what did he do again? He couldn't remember that of a job. He had mentioned that Royal was a law student and the reason they hadn't worked was because he was trying to become a doctor. That story was obviously fake...wasn't it?