Chapter 26: Lock and Key

*Amanda's POV*

I traced the rose tattoo on Oli's neck with my finger tips. I want a tattoo, maybe he'll take me to get one done today. I have no clue what to get though, there's so many options. Oli is still sleeping, I've tried getting out of his grip, believe me I have tried. I gave up after his hold on my waist became so tight I couldn't breathe.

I moved my fingers down to his chest, tracing the skull piece. Whoever did these tattoos are quite an amazing artist. I've always wanted to be a tattoo artist. Maybe I can be an apprentice at one of the shops, finally get a job. Oli's arms tightened around my waist and pulled me on top of him. 

"Mm, good morning, love." His voice was thick with sleep, it was extremely cute.

"Good morning sleepy head." I smiled. 

He sat up, with me still in his lap, and buried his face into the crook of my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair. "Hey Oli, I have a question." 

He looked up at me, "Yes?"

"Do you think you could take me to go get a tattoo?" 

His eyes widened and a huge grin spread across his face. I'm guessing that's a good thing? "Really? You want to get a tattoo?"

"Yeah I do, I was looking at all of yours and now I really want one." I chuckled.

"Do you want to go now? Lets go right now!" He picked me up and carried me to my room.

Damn, he's more excited about this than I am. He set me down in front of my closet and I picked out a plain white loose-fitting shirt and black skinny jeans. Apparently Oli had the same idea, cause we both walked out at the same time and laughed. I went back in my room and changed into my big grey sweater. 

"Ready to go?" Oli reached for my hand and I nodded. 

We walked into the tattoo shop, I became extremely nervous. I didn't even know what I was getting, Oliver picked it out and won't tell me. I hope this isn't some joke.. I'd rather not have something really stupid tattooed on my body forever as another prank by Oliver. He seems to of really changed though, so I'm giving it a chance.

"Oi, Dan!" Oli called out. A tall man with dark brown hair walked out. He had so many tattoos, it was like one of those really fancy guys you see with the beards and shit. 

"Oliver! What can I help you with?" He smiled.

"2 tattoos would be lovely." Oli flashed a grin over at me. Dan raised his eye brows.

"Who's this?" He smiled over at me and held out his hand.

"Oh, um, hi I'm Amanda." I said shly, shaking his hand.

"Well, hello Amanda. What are you wanting to get?" 

"I actually don't know, it's a surprise." I narrowed my eyes over at Oli, he just grinned at me.

Oli motioned Dan over to him and they huddled together, I guess discussing the tattoo. Wait, did Oliver say 2 tattoos? Is he getting one too? 

"Well, right this way, mate." He lead Oli back into the shop, Oli grabbed my hand and pulled me along. He sat me down in one of the seats while Dan got the things ready.

"You alright, love?" 

"I'm fine. Just nervous." I grimaced.

"It's not a huge tattoo, I promise. It's simple, but has a lot of meaning to it." He smiled.

Dan walked over and sat down on the stool. "You ready?" 

I nodded and he began preparing my wrist for tattooing. He noticed the scars on my wrist and frowned. I sighed, why did Oli pick that place? Dan started up the tattoo gun and bent down over my wrist. It stung, but it was a dull sting. I was used to so much more pain than something like this. It still hurt, but it wasn't unbearable.

A few hours later, and it was done. I looked down at my wrist, and honestly I was confused. It was beautiful of course, shaded perfectly, very detailed, but I didn't understand it. It was a key, like one of those old keys you'd open a treasure chest with or something. What did that even mean? 

"It's really beautiful, wow." I breathed.

"I was hoping you'd like it." Oli reached over and kissed my cheek. 

I looked over at Oli, "What does it mean?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see in another few hours." He winked. Ugh, more waiting.

Another few hours later, and finally Oliver was done with his tattoo. He had gotten it on the back of his neck. It was a lock, shaped like a heart. I gasped, I have the key. Oli turned around and smiled widely at my expression. (A/N I know he doesn't have a tattoo like that let's pretend he does ok) 

"Do you like it?" 

"Yes, how could I not?" I smiled

"I'm assuming you want to know what it means now? Even though you probably could figure it out." He laughed, I nodded. "It's simple. You have the key to my heart. I don't know what it is about you, but you're extremely special to me. Like, I know I was a dick at first, and I didn't like you that much, but now it's like I see you differently. You're someone I can't lose."

Tears were swelling up in my eyes. No one has ever wanted me in their life, never loved me. I covered my mouth with my hand and began crying. I couldn't help it, I was so happy. Oli ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Amanda?" he whispered.

"Y-yes?" I mumbled.

"Will you be the key to unlock my heart?" That was probably the cutest thing I have ever heard.

"Of course I will!" I reached up and kissed him. 

Wait a minute, did he just ask me to be his girlfriend? 

Wow sorry I haven't updated in awhile, fucking writers block sucks a big dick. It's okay though! I'm going to start writing more chapters. :) Enjoy!