Chapter Two

"We're moving!"

No. We can't be.

"Mum! Everything we've ever known is here, in England!"

I looked at my siblings for support, but they did nothing but stare at the wall in front of them.

"Honey, I'm sorry. You're father has gotten a job offering in Virginia, he wants to take it, we have to go."

I looked over at my step-father, Joseph. His face had an expression I couldn't place. His eyes were filled with kindness as he gave me a soft smile.

I've always hated Joseph, and I'm still upset at my mum for remarrying. She moved on so quickly. I've never met my dad, but he still has a place in my heart.

"Mackenzie, this is what's best. I'm sorry. I know how you must be feeling right now-"

"No you don't! You don't know how I feel, you've never had to move across the world, away from everything you've ever known!"

I ran upstairs after cutting my father off, knowing he'd get mad at me for doing it.

Why didn't my siblings back me up? Why aren't they reacting like I am? Am I the only one who doesn't wanna go?

"Mac. Are you okay?"

I looked up at Cameron.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just shocked."

I laid down on my bed, feeling the bed dip behind me I turned around, coming face-to-face with Cameron.

"No you're not." Cameron took his hand and tucked my long curly hair behind my ear.

"How would you know?"

Cameron smiled.

"I shared a womb with you for 9 months. Plus, we were always inseparable. I think I know when my baby sister is upset."

"Shut up. You're only older than me by a minute."

"Best minute of my life."

I rolled my eyes. "Asshat."

"Jerkbag."

I laughed as Cameron gave me a goofy grin. At least I'll still have him with me when I move to America.

"Mackenzie, are you okay?"

I looked to the doorway, Joseph was standing there.

"I was until you came in."

I turned back around, but didn't hear the door close, instead I got forced to sit up.

"Okay. Listen to me. I may not be your actual father, but you still need to respect me. I am an adult. You can not speak to me like that. Do you understand me? You don't have to like me, but you sure as hell won't treat me like shit."

I pulled away from him, my jaw starting to hurt from the way he turned my head to face him.

"Get out of my room! How do you expect me to respect you when you do shit like that?"

I felt Cameron put his hand on my shoulder, signaling me to calm down. I shook it off, walking out of my room and over to my mom's bathroom.

Looking in the mirror I examined my jaw. There was a fucking bruise forming.

What the actual fuck.

"Honey what happened to your jaw?"

My mum looked at me in the mirror.

"Your husband." I mumbled. Mum shook her head, mumbling something to herself before putting some sort of cream on the bruise.

"Go apologize for whatever you did."

Why doesn't she ever take my side?

Ignoring my mother I walked back into my room. Cameron was still there, and his eyes saddened as he saw my jaw.

"It's okay. Things will get better."

Cameron pulled me into his arms, carrying me to my bed and tucking me in.

"Can you stay?" Cameron looked at me and nodded, shutting off my lights and locking my balcony door, taking off his shirt and jeans.

When he climbed in I cuddled up to his chest. Cameron has always been a very warm person, he's like a human radiator.

"I love you Mac."

"I love you Cam."

"I love pizza more though."

"Fuck you Cam."

"Fuck you too, Mac."

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

So yeah! That's chapter two! My computer won't let me on Wattpad, so I have to use my crappy family one that's like 40 years old...

Comment, Vote, whatever you wanna do!

Twitter: ellie_ackerson7

Instagram: ellie.ackerson

Snapchat: eack169

Musical.ly: ellie.ackerson

Other Account: ellieack159

(Cameron is played by Zac Efron)

Go follow me!

xoxo

-Ellie