Chapter 1

Y/N's POV

I look at Sebastian as the others turn to look at me, horrified expressions painting their countenances.

Sebastian's concerned voice speaks up through the dead silence of the room. "What is it?"

I look up, hoping my face gives nothing away of the terror coursing through me. "Oh it's nothing. Just a letter for me from an old friend of mine. Guess these three were scared over nothing." The lie stains my tongue, my voice rising , something I hope Sebastian doesn't notice.

He doesn't seem to as he nods. "Well that's probably why they didn't want to give it to me. Your personal business is for your eyes and mind only." Or maybe he's dropping it.

I get the sense Sebastian knows more of what I'm feeling than he's letting on. I feel my fingers absently going to the mark adorning my neck, the reminder of what happened that night, a night I don't remember. I stuff the envelope in the top of my corset, looking at the other servants.

"You should give Master Ciel his breakfast now. Wouldn't want the young boy going through his morning lessons hungry due to time issues."

The subject change earns a sigh of relief from the trio, as they nod, bow again, and take the already made tray of food out of the kitchen, leaving Sebastian and I alone.

Sebastian is over to me before the door even swings shut. His eyes look down at me, concern accenting the molten color. He leans forward, his mouth to my ear.

"(Y/N), you should know by now I can sense what you're feeling. That mark may not be a definite bond, but it does bind me to you, and my demon to your purity. If something is the matter, you need to tell me. Remember when you woke up that night and I said I would protect you? I meant those words, and I can't do that if you don't alert me of the dangers coming at us." His breath sends a shiver down my spine, his lips so achingly close to mine, apart by a few inches as he finishes speaking into my ear.

I feel a gloved hand reach into my corset, slipping the envelope from it's hiding spot, his face retreating to read what it says. The second his eyes glance over the name, a growl emanates from his lips, a short burst of energy flashing his eyes pink.

"Sebastian..." I start, but am cut off when a gloved finger touches my lips.

Gracefully, his fingers cut open the package, slipping out the single sheet of paper with it.

"What does it say?" I ask, hesitant to know the answer.

Instead of answering me, his voice starts reading the words as his eyes dance across the page, his voice growing angrier and dark as he reads it:

Dear My (Y/N),

It's been a month now since that fateful day at the Phantomhive manor. Sorry I haven't been in touch, I've been, recuperating after being inside you for so long. You take quite a lot out of me darling. But that's quite alright, for we'll be seeing each other very soon again. I won't let that Croatian of a demon Sebastian have you. Only I can. You're mine and only mine. No matter what he thinks he can do, such as the mark on your neck, it won't stop me. Nothing will. I will get what's mine, even if I have to kill an entire manner for it. Your soul is mine. I will devour the purity within you.

My body yearns for you, it's been so long. I yearn to be inside you again, feeling you weaken as I grow stronger, my soul feasting on yours. Ah yes, this is what I need, what I crave. And not even Sebastian can keep my from that. I figure by now he knows as much as I do about you, and if my calculations are correct, then that means by now he has fallen for you-if not for your purity, then for the power you hold within your heart, and the good intentions in your mind. But surely by now he has fallen for you, especially with that mark adorning your neck, keeping me from you. Let's just hope he doesn't slip by getting too intimate with you, oh no that would be a shame wouldn't it? I would explain, but I would love to see the look of pure anger in his eyes, so ask Sebby to explain it to you. Best he know that I'm coming, and hopefully he will be too, to make my life easier.

Well I must get going my kitten, but worry not, our acquaintance is only a short while away. Don't forget about me, okay? Remember all the great times we had and how much fun it was for us, especially for me to hear you scream. Well, off I go. Don't miss me too hard, 'kay?

Claude

I hold a hand to my mouth as Sebastian finishes reading the letter out loud for both of us. I choke back a sob, not wanting to look at Sebastian or even be near him right now, thoughts and memories of Claude filling me entirely.

My other free hand gently rubs the spot on my neck, the spot where the Mark blemishes my neck, informing everyone that, temporarily, I'm Sebastian's. without looking in a mirror, I know what the Mark looks like, having memorized the lines of the cross, and the petals of the roses surrounding it.

Keeping my head down, and hopefully covering my face with my (e/c) hair, I turn to leave, needing to get some air, feeling the air in the kitchen is choking me, suffocating me as if Claude were here himself. I try to hold back my sobs, not wanting Sebastian to see or hear me lose it.

Not waiting to see what Sebastian is doing, I head out the door, the only sound echoing in my ears is the sound of my heels slamming into the hard floor as I gain momentum, the sound of my arms busting open the entrance door cover my sobs. The warm air rushes into my face, causing me to squint, running blindly