~*~

It had been weeks since Nate had last seen Celeste. You'd think that in a town as small as theirs he'd see her all the time, right? Wrong Ever since that night he hadn't seen or spoken to her. She refused his calls and was never home when he went over. God, he was so stupid! He couldn't believe that he had just let her walk away like that. He should have went after her but, he couldn't bring himself to do it at the time.

He had tried to pretend that everything was fine. That he was fine. Though he had fooled just about everyone, he couldn't fool Jessica or Hunter. Those two could easily see through the mask he had worn every day since the last time he had seen Cece. They hadn't tried to make him feel better, far from it actually. Every chance they got, they would remind him of just how stupid he was.

Was it so hard for him to tell her how he felt about her? Yes, yes it was. He couldn't, he just couldn't tell her. Telling her would leave him open to pain and he didn't want that. But, what did he really want? He didn't even know. What he did know though was that he wanted her, he wanted Celeste and dammit that scared the shit out of him.

Nate sat in his room with his head in his hands. The rain was really pounding down outside. He was alone, literally and figuratively. Thoughts of Cece swarmed around in his head and nothing he could do would stop them. Every where he went he thought of her, it all reminded him of her and their time together. He should have just told her. He was so pissed at himself for not telling her then not going after her when she walked away from him. They had been through so much these last months that it would've made sense for the words to flow right out of his mouth but, they didn't.

He cursed his stupidity. The one girl, the one he had been waiting for, he let her slip right through his fingers. Standing from his spot on his bed he paced the length of his room. His emotions were running ramped and he couldn't take it. Hate of himself and rage were high up on the list. Grabbing the first thing he saw, he hurdled it across the room. He couldn't stop himself after that. Everything his fingers touched were thrown around. All things breakable, were broken. His bed and dresser were over turned.

Nate looked around at the destruction he had caused. The sight around him was nothing like he was feeling. The only thing left untouched was his bed side table where a picture of he and Celeste stood. In his rage he picked up the picture and threw it against the wall. The sound of the glass shattering was nothing compared to sound of his heart breaking. He had let the one of the most important things in his life go, just like that. Dropping to his knees he covered his face with his hands. It wasn't supposed to end like this. They weren't supposed to end like they did. He needed her.

That was the thought that broke though the haze. He needed her, wanted her and dammit he was going to get her. Getting back to his feet he fled the room without sparing it another glance. Grabbing his jacket and keys he set off into the pounding rain. He could barely see the road in front of him as he drove to Celeste house. He would tell her how he felt as soon as he saw her. He loved her and he had waited to damn long to tell her.

Parking his truck in front of the house he ran through the pouring rain and pounded on the front door. "Where is she?" Nate asked as he saw Aaron.

"She's not here." Aaron answered.

"Then where is she, I need to talk to her." Nate said. He didn't have time for this, he needed to know where Celeste was.