He lifted his gaze, and was now staring straight in to my eyes, "I was just fucking with you. Forget what I said, you're not even hot." And with that he walked away.

I raised my eyebrows, jeez he was cold. What was wrong with him?

....

"Yes mom I'm going to check out that flat."

"Yep, right now."

"I'm at the front door."

"No, not our front door. The flat's front door."

"Yeah I'm going to come home after checking that."

"Yeah. Okay. Bye. Love you too. Bye. Yes. Bye." And then I hung up.

I opened the front door and walked in. I stepped in to the elevator and pressed number 4. I breathed in and out calmly, as I reached the floor.

"Ok let's do it!" I thought to myself. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

The door finally opened and there stood a boy with a confused look on his face. "Well hey there." A familiar voice said. "I thought you weren't interested in me?"

Run Emily, while you still can.

This had to be a dream. A bad dream. A nightmare. Okay maybe if I pinched myself I would wake up?

"Soo are you going to come in or?" Jack asked with a smirk on his face. "I knew you would miss me."

Stupid smirk. I hated Jack. I stepped in, unsure what to do.

"Uh, I-I came to see this flat." I muttered, still thinking about running away.

"Why?" He looked me oddly.

"Because I have to find a roommate? And you are the only one from our school who needs one." Well technically that wasn't true but what ever, he didn't have to know that.

He just answered with an "Oh."

We stood in silence, I didn't know what I was supposed to say or do. It was pretty awkward.

"Why do you need a roommate?" He finally broke the silence.

"Because my parents are going to Australia, and I can't go with them. And I'm not gonna live all by myself." I explained to him.

He just chuckled, "Don't you have your friends? Why don't you go to live with them?"

"They don't have enough space for me to be there for over two weeks."
"Is there a problem with me moving in here?" I finally asked.

"No, of course not! I'd love to share my place with a girl." He winked at me.

"Hah don't think it in that way!" I laughed him off.

"Yeah whatever, so would you like to see this flat so you can leave? I have better things to do."

"What a gentleman." I thought to myself.

The flat was suprisingly very nice. It was modern, bright and clean. Everything was decorated in very light colours. Just like I would decorate my house. My -soon to be - room was very bright and big enough for me. 

There were two toilets and one shower in his place. I already knew we were going to compete about that one shower.

We agreed that I would move in the day after tomorrow because that was when my parents would leave.

"So I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow, maybe? But now I gotta go." I said and started walking towards the door. I was relieved I could get out of here.

"Hey! Can I have your number?" Jack asked.

"And why would you need that?" I turned around and raised my eyebrow.

"Because I want to have phone sex with you?" He said casually, like it was an obvious thing. He took his phone out his pocket.

"What?" I said with my mouth open. 

"C'mon what do you think? Maybe because I want to know when you are going to move your stuff here." Jack rolled his eyes.

Oh.

"Oh right." I said with an embarrassed tone.

"Don't worry I have better girls to deal with than you."

"Thanks a lot." I rolled my eyes. I really couldn't see a friendship forming here. He was too full of himself, and he clearly didn't take anyone's feelings into consideration.

"Well you're not that special." He shrugged.

Wow okay, there was no need to be that mean. I knew I wasn't that pretty or popular but it was still hard to hear someone say that. Maybe that was just his personality. And I would have to deal with that for the next few weeks.. Great. 

We exchanged numbers and then I hurried out of there. What a day...

.
.
.

Please remember to vote, it would mean a lot to me <3