Chapter 6 - Jane Shepard/Garrus Vakarian

It had been a hectic day to say the least. Stealing gun decals, shopping for snacks, spending almost three hours in a gun store... They were definitley NOT typical girls. Shepard was ready to get back to the apartment and just lounge around with Garrus and her other girlfriends and wait for the party to start.

She had to admit she was a bit nervous about what Garrus and Zaeed had done to the apartment. She could hopefully trust them... Maybe. For all she knew Zaeed could have brought over some DJ station or something... Maybe it was his man purse? She didn't know. Hopefully Garrus and Zaeed were playing some cards in the back room.

'Shep?' She heard the thief, Kasumi ask.

Shepard turned her head and looked at the girl.

'You haven't really said anything for the past ten minutes or so.... You alright?' Kasumi continued to walk with the decals still in her hands from earlier.

Shepard shrugged.

'Just thinking,' she answered. 'And maybe worrying about the apartment.'

'I'm sure it's fine, Shepard,' Miranda reassured. 'Garrus and Zaeed can't do that much damage.'

'Plus Garrus knows the risks of you being pissed at him,' Tali pipes up. 'I'm sure the apartment is fine!'

~~~~ Meanwhile in the Apartment ~~~~

Garrus shoved a broom in the big krogas hands.

'I need you to sweep up all those wood shavings over there!' Garrus motioned quickly in the general location of the mess as he grabbed two wood work benches and began moving them into one of the downstairs guest rooms.

Wrex grumbled as he turned the broom over in his hands.

'The leader of clan Urdnot is doing house work. Isn't this a womans job!' he groaned as he began trying to sweep. Despite his efforts he just wasn't good at it.

'It might be on Tuchanka,' Garrus began as he returned and started grabbing discarded thermal clips off the ground. 'But right now there's no women around and that's not exactly something we practice anymore.' The turian disappeared again with various thermal clips in his hands.

Wrex tried to sweep but he was just making a bigger mess. He was flinging the broom around viciously, throwing wood chips all around.

Garrus returned and looked plainly at the krogan.

'Wrex?' Garrus crossed his arms over his chest. 'Have you ever sweeped anything in your life?'

'No,' Wrex grumbled. 'I am krogan, not some maid!'

Garrus walked over and grabbed the broom from Wrex's hands with a sigh.

'Wrex, take care of those guns please,' Garrus asked politley.

'Much better,' Wrex smiled a bit in satisfaction as he began scooping guns in his hands.

'Wrex please be-' Garrus was cut off by a gunshot. The stray bullet pierced the ceiling and Garrus put his head in his hand.

Wrex looked over at Garrus.

'Oops,' he said simply.

'It's fine,' Garrus waved his hand dismissively and returned to sweeping.

~~~~ Back to the Girls ~~~~

Shepard heard the gunshot from the lobby of the apartment building. All five girls froze. With them being military and all a gunshot could mean two things. One, it was a stary bullet or Two, someone was in danger.

Shepard assumed the worst and began to rush.

'Don't worry,' the asari behind the lobby counter began. 'There has been so much noise up their lately. We already had someone check it out.'

Shepard turned and faced the asari.

'What's going on?' She placed her hands on the counter.

'Some.. home renovations,' she recalled. 'According to a krogan and what looked like a mercenary.'

'A krogan...' Shepard looked back at Liara, Kasumi, Tali, and Miranda.

'We have to go!' Liara bolted to the elevator. A gunshot was not a good thing.

'Thanks!' Shepard said quickly to the asari at the desk before being grabbed by Tali.

The elevator ride was spent pacing around and wondering if the thing could go any faster.

'Do you think everything is okay?' Kasumi asked.

'I don't know...' Shepard sighed. 'Let's just hope it is...'

Then, the elevator lurched to a stop and the lights went dark.

'This is just great!!' Shepard exclaimed.

They then heard the door latch above them open and all there heads shot up. No one was there. Shepard was getting worried. She was the most famous person on the Citadel at the moment. She was also apart of the Normandy. That made her and her crew a prime target.

She could feel everyone looks around nervously and guessed that Kasumi was cloaked by now.

Suddenly she felt an arm wrap around her abdomen and hand over her mouth. All she could do was yelp and try to fight back. She attempted to bite his hand but before she could she felt a cloth or rag being pressed to nose and a strong smell. Then... everything was black.

A moment later the hatch closed again, the lights turned back on and the elevator continued upward. All the girls sighed in relief then looked around.

'Is everyone okay?' Liara asked looking around.

Kasumi uncloaked herself. Miranda started looking around curiously. Tali stayed in the corner. Liara looked around at all the girls. Suddenly it hit them.

'Guys...?' Kasumi asked nervously. 'Where's Shepard?'

Uh oh! I felt that a happy party wasn't enough! Like the Citadel DLC this isn't going to be a happy shore leave... Who took her? I don't know! You'll just have to wait and see...