13- Breaking Point

(listened to the attached song as I wrote the chapter, I thought it kinda fit. Feel free to jam out :p )

- 1 year later -

Jerome's POV-

   Willow and I were 18 now, and ah.. life was good. I had her to wake up to everyday, and that's all that I needed.
We were both saving up for the day that we could both get out of this hell hole, and I couldn't wait.

  I'd been having a certain..clarity lately. Yes, a clarity. Life was much more fun when you laughed at your failure, laughed at you pain, and laughed in the face of danger.

   I felt as though I was seeing the world through new eyes, clearer eyes. I was born for the stage, born to be the center of attention, the main attraction. All I needed was someone who could recognize my brilliance and really appreciate my talent.

  That's where Willow came in. She was happy just watching me, she was the only audience I ever needed. She was actually studying to go to school for film ology, and wanted to become a movie producer.

  That's why we were so perfect together. She held the camera, and I was the actor. She allowed me to express my talent of being the main attraction and stealing the show, while she soaked it all in and loved every second of it. She was my canvas.

  Her time to shine was when we were alone. I worshiped the ground she walked on, and I would do anything to make her happy.

Yes.. her happiness was my priority, and I would destroy whoever tried to take that from me.

  Lyla was becoming a problem..
Just when me and Willow would be in the mood, just when it was starting to get hot and heavy, the slobbering drunk would stumble in with her nagging, and ruin our fun.

Agh! She was ruining everything! I felt myself becoming closer and closer to the edge, ready to snap.

Willow thought I was lying when I said I wanted to kill her.. Hah! She's in for a surprise!

---

Willow's POV-

  It's been one heck of a year.

I was now 18 and had graduated, which meant I got to spend every second on the circus with Jerome, which was good enough for me until we saved up enough money to leave like we had planned

  One thing was for sure though, Jerome was slowly devolving into insanity.

  At first it was the little things I would notice, like the look he would get in his eyes if a guy tried to talk to me, or the dark things he would mumble to himself about.

   Of course I knew that Jerome would never hurt me, and that he loved me, but lately there was a thick tension hanging over the circus indicating that something was going to happen.

I had a bad feeling that Jerome was going to be the source of that mayhem.

  Whenever someone would do or say something he didn't like, he would clench his fists and let out a menacing chuckle. I would have to grab his arm and haul him away from the scene, it was honestly frightening.

  But on a romantic basis, Jerome and I had grown much closer, and the relationship was heating up.

  A few times Lyla had interrupted us when we were in the middle of things (*wink wink*) but it was a Friday afternoon and we finally had the trailer to ourselves.

  Jerome and I were making out passionately, my back pressed against the wall. He snaked his tongue into my mouth, massaging it against mine.

  "Jump" he murmurs. I jump, wrapping my legs around his waist as he walks me to the bedroom, dropping me onto the bed.