When You Unknowingly Run Into Him: Flash

You were working nonstop at the Vet. Helping puppies with fleas, cats with thorns in their paws. And everything else!

Another patient walked in with a Labrador. You couldn't wait to see what was wrong wth this little fella.

"I think he may be sick, but I've given him tablets and he doesn't seem to be getting any better." The owner explained, a worried expression plastered to her face. "Alright, I'll take him to the back and do some checks on him alright." You said. She nodded in agreement and handed you the leash.

You lead the dog to the back room, run some checks, checked his pupils, his nose and then took a blood sample from him to exam for further investigation.

You walked back out to the reception desk and handed the leash back. "I couldn't find any specific issue with him, I'll exam this blood sample and see what's wrong with him. If I could have your details I'll call you as soon as I find out." You explained. She nodded three times before getting a pen and paper out and wrote her details on it. She handed you the paper and waved goodbye.

As you finished your shift at the vet, you took this time to exam the blood sample. The Vet clinic you worked at had just gotten started and didn't have the technology needed to do what you wanted to do. So you headed towards the police station and see if they could do anything about it. They were the police and they probably had bigger problems than examining a dogs blood, but it was worth a try.

You arrived at CCPD and entered the building and took the lift up. A detective saw you and approached you. "Can I help you?" He asked, he was dark skinned, almost bold. Mid forties you guessed, looked friendly. "Yes actually, I have a blood sample from a dog, I'm a vet, and I would really appreciate it if you would examine it for me. We don't have the technology and the moment." You said.

He stared at you for a moment before looking to the stairs and someone walking down them. "Barry!" He shouted. The young man looked at him and then at you. His face went white and he almost lost his footing and fell down the stairs. He walked up to the other man.

"Joe. Who's this?" He asked. "I actually have no idea. But she needs a sample examined, that's right up your alley." He pat Barry on the shoulder and walked off.

Barry scratched the back of his neck and lead you back upstairs to his work space. You looked around amazed at all this high technology and the view. The view was amazing. Clear view of Central City.

"It's beautiful up here." You said in awe. "So are you. . . " he mumbled, his voice barley audible. "Huh?" You turned around, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing!" He said, standing up straight.

He took the blood sample you ha and examined it with his technology and equipment. Took a few minutes but not too long, you were happy looking around.

"Looks like the dogs just caught a bug. If you give him this," he started writing on a piece of paper, "he should be better in no time." He finished, handing you the paper and the sample.

You looked at what he'd written and then back up at him. "Thanks Barry!" You hugged him quickly but kindly. He hesitantly hugged back. "Names (y/n) by the way. I'll be back if I have any other samples! Thanks again!" You said before waving goodbye and leaving CCPD.

Barry shook his head and chuckled. "So! Who's that?" Joe asked, reappearing behind Barry. "No-one." He replied. "Sure." Joe laughed and walked off back to his desk.