Chapter 39. Veggie is healthier,

Start from the beginning

Sheriff Stilinski shook his head from side to side, "No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with two teenager's."

My eyes glanced at the large crime scene board behind him, "Isn't that it up there on the board?" I questioned. 

Stiles started to move around in his seat so he could start to see the crucial pieces of evidence he had missed when he walked into the office, I could see pictures of the victims and of the crime scenes. There were random red arrows pointing to several different things, and even some post-it notes scattered throughout the board. It seems like all of the murders obviously had some things in common.

"No. Don't look at that," Sheriff Stilinski replied quickly as he tried to move in the same pattern as Stiles so his son couldn't see the evidence. 

Stiles shrunk back in his seat but kept his eyes on the board, "A'ight."

"Avert your eyes." He said to the both of us as our eyes continued to scan the entire board, trying to make sense of the jumbled up mess in front of us. 

I nodded, "Okay."

"Just- It's just- I see arrows pointing at pictures." Stiles replied as he started to move about in his seat again as he tried to see around his father. 

Sheriff Stilinski sighed, "Fine. Okay, okay. I found something."

My eyes widened as I sat up straighter in my seat, Stiles stopped flitting about and glanced at his dad in pure bewilderment, he looked so cute with his hazel eyes all bugged out and his bottom lip captured between his teeth. How he can go from a nerdy weirdo to an attractive socialite never ceases to amaze me. 

"The Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common," Sheriff Stilinski began as he leaned forward on his desk a bit. 

I rose an eyebrow, "All three of them?"

"Yeah. You know what I always say. One's an accident. Two's a coincidence," He began to count on his fingers but Stiles finished the statement for him, "Three's a pattern."

His dad nodded, "The Mechanic, the husband, the wife- all the same age. All 24."

"Wait a minute, but what about Mr. Lahey? I mean Issac's dad isn't anywhere near 24." Stiles stated in confusion, I had totally forgotten about Isaac's dad being possibly linked to all of this...

Sheriff Stilinski nodded, "What made me think either, "A" Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or "B" The ages were a coincidence. Until I found this, which would be ''C''... did you know that Isaac had an older brother named Cameron?''

He then handed Stiles a maroon colored folder across the desk, I scooted closer in my chair so I could peer over into the folder and see what was inside. It appeared to be a discharge paper of some sort.. It had DIED IN COMBAT stamped across the entire thing in red ink.

"Died in combat?" I questioned as I glanced up to look at Mr. Stilinski.

He nodded once again, "But if he were alive today- take one guess as to how old he would be."

"I'm gonna go with 24..." I mumbled sarcastically, as I ran my hands over my face. Why couldn't Jackson just be killing random people? I thought that the Kanima only killed murderer's though... no wait, I remember someone saying that if the bond is strong enough he'll kill whoever his 'master' wants him to. Talk about being someone's bitch.

Stiles set the folder back on the table and then stood up, making his way behind the desk to get a closer look at the board. Sheriff Stilinski did the same, whereas I opted to just sit in the comfy chair and start to eat my salad, I was starving and plus it's not like I'll be much help anyway.