1. The Day She Lost Herself

It was 3 am and Chastity was sitting in her favorite chair jotting down something in the journal she got when she was 13 when sleep started taking control of her and before she knew it, she was dreaming.

"What are you doing Cassie?" It had been a while since she had heard someone call her Cassie, which was what her mother used to call her. Chastity turned around to see her mother standing there smiling her faint smile like she used to. Chastity had tears in her eyes because she knew it was a dream and her mother was not alive anymore. Oh what she would do just to hear her mother laugh again on one of her silly jokes, to call her Cassie and to hug her like the world was going to end. "It was not your fault Cassie" her mother said, Chastity knew she would say this because her mother had always been reminding her that her death wasn't her fault but chastity couldn't face it yet.

Suddenly the dream changed into another dream. The beautiful backyard changed into a hospital room and the sweet sound of the birds chirping changed into the horrifying cries of people. Chastity saw her mother on the hospital bed. Even though she had seen the same dream again and again she was unsure every time if it was a dream because it felt so real. She saw a doctor come in the room with a middle aged man with a scar on his face probably from one of his boxing match. That man was Chastity's father, crying because he had just lost his wife and his best friend whom he had promised to take care of until the day he died but could not save her.

She woke up with a jerk. Drops of perspiration all over her body! She had seen this dream every day since she was 8, she was 20 now. She knew how her mother died and she had seen her father succumbing to death after being in control of drugs and alcohol for years. She blamed them for destroying her once happy family.

She knew it all. She knew it all about the day she lost herself. She knew it all about the day Cassie died and in her place was born a girl known by everyone today as Chastity.

Hey guys so I have edited this chapter and from now on you will be reading the edited version.  Yes the length of the chapters will be this less. It is because of school and homework and exams that I do not update , hope you all understand!