nishinoya yuu [cheerleader]

Walking in the familiar pathway you always took home, you had only one thing in mind: tomorrow is finally the day. The day you finally get to compete in Miyagi District's High School Cheerleading Competition!

You wanted to win, and were determined to do so. The only problem is, you were nervous. VERY nervous. The thought of losing scared you! You were a cheerleader, yes. But despite being one, having high self-esteem was actually one of your weakest points. Still, you forced yourself to think of positive things.

Will we win?

What if people lose interest in watching us? What if they think our cheer is terrible?

And if I forget some steps and mess up? Oh no, captain will kill me!

You shivered at the thought. "No.." you whispered, "c'mon, [y/n], they're just what ifs."

But what if those what ifs actually happen?!

Your confidence slowly crumbled with every step you took, so you stopped walking, and now you were just standing there with your head down, staring at the ground. Anxiety filled your thoughts and you soon realized that fear overcame you. You really were terrified of competing tomorrow.

Losing?

Being judged?

Messing up?

Suddenly, with a deep breath, you shouted, "Those things don't matter at all, you idiot!"

You can be bipolar sometimes. And luckily enough, your mood swings would hit you just in time when you really need it.

"WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS! WE'RE GOING TO WIN AND GO TO THE NATIONALS AND WIN AGAIN!"

You suddenly started thrashing, jumping up and down, shouting encouraging words like, "Fight!" or, "I can do this!"

Fortunately, no one was there to witness a girl on a tantrum flailing her arms and shouting random words; else they could've accused you of using illegal drugs.

But then came someone and met his face with your hands.

"Owww!"

It took you a few seconds to realize what just happened and when you did, you immediately started apologizing. "Oh my goodness! I'm s-s-sorry! I-I'M REALLY SORRY!" you manage to say, despite the stuttering.

You took a closer look at the stranger you accidentally slapped. You can't believe your eyes -- it was him! A light shade of pink colored your cheeks; right now, you were embarrassed of your stupid, awkwardly dancing self.

STUPID [Y/N]! You scold yourself. You were too caught up in your made-up cheer that you didn't even notice someone behind you. That is, until you smacked him dead right in the face.

And of all people, it had to be him.

It just had to be Nishinoya.

"N-nishinoya-senpai!" you bowed, "I'm so sorry! Did I hit you too hard? Does it hurt?"

You straightened up and made a concerned look; he can clearly see that you were worried of him and that made him blush, but he covered his face so you couldn't see.

"[y/n].." He covers his face with his hand and looked away. "No, no. I'm fine!"

"Are you sure?" You moved closer and held your hand out to him.

He got up and said, "Yeah! Don't worry, I've gone through worse in practice!" He smiled and made a thumbs-up to you.

Sighing in relief and gaining your composure, you said, "I'm really sorry..."

"I told you, it's fine! What were you doing, anyway?" He asks while brushing his uniform with his hands.

What was I doing?

"Well.. I was really nervous for tomorrow's match so I thought of getting myself worked up ... a little."

A little.

"Really?" The second-year libero exclaimed, " That's a relief! For a minute there I thought someone was on drugs!"

He laughed -- a proper, hearty laugh, with shoulders shaking and head thrown back. It was intoxicating. You were blushing at either his embarrassing comment or his charismatic, appealing laugh. Or maybe both.

"But you know, if I was in the same situation, I guess I would've done the same thing!" He punched his fist in the air and said, "WE'RE GOING TO WIN THIS! WE'RE GOING TO WIN AND GO TO THE NATIONALS AND WIN AGAIN! -- Like that?"

"Wait -- you saw, from the very beginning?"

"Uh.. No. I just happened to hear from afar. Ehehehe.. he.."

The tinge of pink in your cheeks became fully red because of the situation. Not only did he catch you awkwardly cheering (right from the start, to boot!), he's even imitating your moves that were 'not-so-graceful-for-a-cheerleader' at all.

"Just like Rolling Thunder! I expected nothing less from you, my equally awesome kouhai!"

You blushed furiously. His kouhai. HIS.

"T-thanks.."

You were hoping that was the last remark. A compliment from him is like a hundred bullets shot in your heart; and you swear you couldn't take it anymore.

"I don't know how cheerleading works, but as long as it's you, then it's definitely something amazing!"

Okay, you're dead.

After that, it was silent for a few seconds until you respawned when he asked you something.

"[y/n], why were you nervous?"

"For tomorrow?" you took your time to answer. You then said, "I don't feel confident when performing.. I think I look silly when cheering.."

"But you look great!"

Suddenly, before you could react at what he said, he put his hands on both of your shoulders. "If you don't mind, then I'll go to your competition tomorrow! To cheer for you! That'll make you less nervous, won't it?"

He smiled. It was the usual, cute smile that he always wore, but this time, emotions were overflowing; feelings of concern, trust and possibly.. admiration?

Your heart raced at the thought. You could not speak anymore. All of this was just too much for you to handle. His compliments, his smiles, his encouragements and your feelings -- you couldn't take them any longer.

"No, you can't..."

Nishinoya was still holding your shoulders, but he was now confused. "You don't want me to go to your match? Why?"

"That's because.." you took a deep breath.

"I get even nervous when the person I like is watching me."

Extended ending:

The next day.

"Alright everyone!" the commentator exclaimed, "the next competitor would be Karasuno High School's Cheerleading Team!"

"HEYYYY! PEOPLE! THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND! SHE'S THE PRETTIEST ONE OVER THERE!" Nishinoya points at you, although people can't see from afar. "DON'T GET JEALOUS, I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TOO. OH, BUT SURELY NOT SOMEONE AS BEAUTIFUL AS HER!

"Your boyfriend?" your captain asked you.

You nodded. "I'm sorry, he's too loud.."

"That's okay," she smiled. "Well, it's nice that he's cheering for you, but it would be better if he cheered for the whole te--"

"HEY, [Y/N]-CHAN!" he interrupted, you glared at him and mouthed a, "What?"

"I LOVE YOU!"

. . .

And, oh! I think that Noya found his cheerleader, she is right there when he needs her ~ *starts singing*

Okay, this is pretty long because I love Nishinoya :3