The Spins

Morning. Is not. My friend.
I'm definitely awake, judging by the pounding headache which prevented me from getting up. I rolled over and slowly open my eyes to see a bottle of water and two pain killers. I say a thank you to God for having an amazing friend like Vanessa, she's always taking care of me when I'm shit faced. I swallow them quickly and literally chug that water like my life depends on it.

I went to close my eyes again but my phone chimes with a text. I was going to ignore it but there was another chime, so I rooted around my night stand for the phone till I finally find it. I have 3 messages two from a random number and one from Nessa.
Nessa: Babes let me know when you're up. We have so much gossip to catch up on ;) plus I need to know if you're even alive.

Unknown: Hey idiot drunk you gave hot Tanner your number. Don't be a bitch. Love AAR.
Unknown: Hey gorgeous, I just wanted to let you know I had fun hanging out and I hope to see you again soon.

My head is literally spinning. The fuck? Tanner...Tanner..? So much pounding was happening I made an audible sound of annoyance. Closing my eyes attempting to picture who Tanner is, I see striking blue eye and a gleaming smile. Along with the memory of his gorgeous face comes flashbacks of all the horribly embarrassing details of last night. I let out a huge sigh and waited for the world to swallow me whole.

I debated texting Tanner back but since I'm no longer drunk I couldn't muster the confidence. All I could think about was how that kiss changed my whole view on guys. Yes I'd kissed boys, but holy tits that kiss was magic and now I'm curious.

Picking up the phone I knew there was only one way to get my nerve, "hey be-itch!" Nessa answered with an  annoyingly loud and high pitched voice.
"Tell me again why I'm friends with you?" My splitting head was getting worse, all I could think about was that kiss and I don't know what I should do. Nessa knows exactly what to say to guys, being experienced and all.

"Because I'm your only friend. Now spill your guts I need to know what happened with Tanner. I saw him kiss you but after that I was doing my own kissing." She was waiting patiently as I decided how to tell her. I knew she'd laugh and I'm sure she will no matter what I'd say so I just said, "he kissed me and it was amazing. I've never felt sexy and excited like that. He wants to hang out again but I don't know what to say to him. I don't know how to do this Nessa!" I was utterly embarrassed at my lack of experience and I know I'm at the ripe age of 21 when most women know how to act and talk to a man. I clearly do not.

"Well pick a day. Pick a time. A place and say see ya there. Make sure it's soon because he'll lose interest if he has to wait for you but not too soon because you'll look desperate. Hon I know you don't really know what you're doing, but I can only tell you so much. It's not me he wants so just be yourself." I thought about it for a minute and she was right I do need to be myself, but I want to be different. Not for a guy but for myself. It's time to figure out how to be a woman in a mans world.
"Nessa, let's go out again tonight."

So here we are again. Nessa working what her mama gave her and me at the bar. Sipping' on drink number two I leaned over to see if Jess was here, unfortunately I didn't see him. The new bartender however was very attractive. His tight black tee had a name tag attached, it read Aiden. He watched me as if I was already too drunk to function, albeit I did feel slightly tipsy. I was currently trying a move I had seen Nessa do with her straw. I felt quite clumsy but was determined to beckon him with my sexy drinking ability. It wasn't working though so I soon abandoned hope he would probably demand I get a cab the was I was clumsily fumbling with it. Sighing I took my last drink and decided it's time to move away from the bar, more out of embarrassment than courage.