Aria Awkward Reeves

"Vanessa... I don't think this is a good idea." I told her repeatedly as she dragged me down the sidewalk. She had dressed me in a skin tight black number that went way above my knees, she also insisted I needed "smokey eyes" which I had no idea was a thing but she succeeded in making me look slutty. "Own it girlfriend." Was her response to my initial shock.

"Aria I swear to God if you don't get it together I'm gonna throw a BF. Do you know how long I've waited for this? Like 9 months, please for my sake... And yours for that matter, loosen the fuck up." She said like she's been telling me all week. I'm no fun. It's finally time for us to be wild and crazy together, she waited for this special night so we could go out and get totally hammered together, isn't she sweet?

I looked around the line we'd ended up in and realize a few people staring at us, well more accurately at Vanessa. She's a sight to see for sure. Long flowing brunette hair falling in waves down her hour glass figure. Her gorgeous blue eyes made every guy swoon. Nessa was hot and confident and I was always the quiet friend, not that it bothered me at all. I enjoyed watching her be the social butterfly while I was just part of the background.

"Omg, don't look but I think you have some admirers." She said in a hushed tone and looked behind me to double check, "oh yes, they're definitely looking over here." Fluttering her lashes in said direction and turned on her ever so sassy charm.

"Puh-leez. You know whoever they are, they aren't looking at me." I said fully aware of her beckoning them this way. My breath came and went a little quicker in anticipation as I turned around to see for myself. Oh Jesus. Three attractive guys were walking over with obvious flirty looks on their faces.  Deep breaths. Don't say anything stupid.

The tallest of the three was blonde, blue eyes, and obviously a gym rat. His traps were basically eating his neck and the blue button up he wore was quite snug on his tall thick frame. When he made eye contact with Nessa he smiled a sweet pearly white smile, and I knew she'd already found her fling for the night. He was her type for sure. Guy number two was considerably shorter, maybe an inch taller than me, with shaggy black hair that hung over his bright blue eyes. Like you could get lost in those beauts. He had a kind of shy way about him but it was in a very attractive way. His white V-neck was a tight around his muscular tanned arms and much like his friend he was physically fit, all to my enjoyment.

The last guy was not like the other two, as he was a bit scrawny compared to them. He was almost as tall as gym rat and blonde as well but he was very pale or so it seemed in his yellow polo. Though he offered me a genuine smile when we made eye contact, he looked away quickly while scratching his arm obviously uncomfortable.

Vanessa was the first to greet them, her flirty smile made me feel out of place as I had no idea how to act. Awkward is my middle name. Aria Awkward Reeves.

"Hi, I'm Nessa," her voice seeped with excitement. Gym rat was enjoying her confidence as he stuck his hand out and shook hers.
"I'm Jake, that's Tanner, and he's Justin." Jake was pointing at guy number two and pale blondie. Tanner waved at me saying nice to meet you and I felt my face burn as I stood there like an idiot. They all looked at me waiting for an introduction so I did my best to plaster a seductive smile on my face, though I doubt it worked. I'm genuinely bad at all things social. "Um, I'm Aria. Nice to meet y'all.." Um? Smooth girl. Justin gave a quiet chuckle as if feeling equally awkward and motioned for us to move up as the line moved forward. We were near the front of the line now and I felt so nervous about this whole night. I reach over and grabbed Nessa's hand to squeeze, letting her know my nerves were shot. So many new experiences were happening tonight and it's totally freaking me out.