Part One

Meulin inhaled a deep breath as she stared up at the tall, black door in front of her. She searched the area anxiously, nervous about spending her first night with her matesprit at his hive. She took in one last look at the Makara's large mansion. She knocked lightly on the door and waited patiently, legs aching and hands shaking. She felt booming vibrations in her feet from the inside of the mansion. 'How could they have heard that pitiful knock?' Meulin wondered. The ginormous door swung open. Meulin bent her neck all the way back just to look The Grand Highblood in the eyes. With a skittish smile, she gave him a sweet smile. He stared at her for a minute, then moved aside to let her in. Meulin hung her head down and scurried inside, avoiding anymore eye-contact with The Grand Highblood. The door slammed, and Meulin felt the rumbling in the grounds underneath her. She jumped and looked up, a wide-eyed, startled expression on her face. Meulin was surprised herself that she wasn't exactly used to sudden and harsh actions yet. She shook it off, attempting to relax.

Grand Highblood walked in front of her, his monster steps sending powerful thunders beneath the floorboards. He motioned for Meulin to follow him, and so she did. She trailed behind him up the massive marble staircase. Once they had finished climbing up the stairs, Meulin noticed three doors with the same purple sign on them: Capricorn symbol. Each door was decorated differently. One had multi-colored blood splatters covering the entire door. Another was entirely black with white bones shaped into a "K", and more bones and skulls bordering the door. The last had rainbow blood, and two clown faces: Happy and sad. Immediately, Meulin knew who's room was who's. The first was The Grand Highblood's, second was Kurloz's, and the last belonged to Gamzee. Meulin looked straight ahead at Kurloz's door as Grand Highblood opened it. 

Kurloz looked up from his laptop and removed his headphones,resting them around his neck. He looked in front of him curiously, until he noticed Meulin. His straight stitched face slowly etched into a smile. As Meulin walked into Kurloz's dark bedroom, The Grand Highblood made his way back downstairs. Kurloz pulled Meulin into a loving embrace, kissing her softly on the neck. Meulin giggled faintly and purred. Kurloz freed Meulin from his arms and let her settle in. Meulin put her bag down, opened it, and took out her phone. Meulin was walking towards Kurloz when his arm shot up and his finger pointed to his wide-open door. Meulin nodded and closed the door. Meulin turned around and jumped. Everything was pitch black. The only thing she could see was Kurloz's face, mainly because his laptop was the only thing shining light. Meulin carefully made her way back towards Kurloz, taking every step with caution as if something might sneak up on her and chomp on her foot.