Sitting in the brightly lit restaurant, waiting on our food, I was finally able to study Kieran a little better than I had before.

His think dark hair swooshed down over the right side of his face, almost completely covering his eye. It added to his mysteriousness. His hazel brown eyes held a certain level intensity that drew me in. It made me curious to learn more about him and that frightened me. My eyes traveled downward and landed on his muscular chest and arms. There was some kind of tattoo hidden behind his short shirt sleeve, over his left bicep. I quickly noted how he excelled in the looks and build department.

I blushed when his caught me staring.

“Does something interest you?” he asked teasingly.

“Um actually, I was just noticing your tattoo.”

His eyes traveled down to where mine were studying the darkened skin and he sifted in his seat awkwardly. He fumbled with his sleeve trying to pull it over the mark, trying to cover it up.

“It’s nothing,” he replied when he was satisfied with the shirt’s coverage. He voice was a little hard.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to pry, it just caught my attention,” I explained.

“No, it’s not you. I’m sorry. It’s just a touchy subject with me,” he said, he voice returning to its normal tone.  

The read haired waitress returned with our food and sat the plates down in front of us before refilling our beverages. 

“Can I get you anything else?” she asked us, while stealing glances at Kieran.

I tried not to giggle. She looked to be at least sixteen. She was human and wasn’t hiding her infatuation for him well. When he sent her a friendly smile she squealed and returned it, showing off her braces.

I thought it was cute.

“No, thank you.” he answered her trying not to laugh himself.

“Okay, just let me know if you change your mind.”

She quickly disappeared from the table, Kieran chuckling after her.

“It seems you have some allure around here,” I smiled, amused.

He took a bite of his burger and chewed for a few seconds then swallowed. “What do you mean?”

“Well, just now with the waitress and the hostess who seated us earlier,” I explained.

“Hmm…” he mused. “I guess I do.”

I rolled my eyes at his casual response. Please, he would have to blind not to notice. I’m sure this happens often with him. How could it not? He was Kieran Knight after all.

Watching him eat was increasing my appetite enormously and I looked down at my pasta and wasted no time satisfying my hunger. It tasted just as good as it looked. I even burnt my tongue in my eagerness to fill my stomach. Kieran laughed at me and I glared.

An hour later it was starting to get dark out so we quickly finished our food and left. He said we weren’t far from his territory then.

Just outside of the city we turned down a paved back road and then turned down another that was graveled a while after that. At that point he said we were only a few miles away.

Twenty minutes later an insanely large house came into view. Probably the biggest one I had ever seen personally. It was as over the top and extravagant as the mansions I had seen on television. It was definitely beautiful. My mouth was gaping at its marvel.