Chapter 13

{{Yumi}}

Turns out another half hour got me in trouble with Yuki. He was livid, I got home at 11 o'clock....

"It's not like you to stay out so late!" Yuki lectured. I sat on the floor and bowed my head. "I-I'm sorry"

Shigure was nodding off at the kotatsu and Kyo was just starting at me. He didn't seem very happy either. "Yumi, If you want to see Akito just let us know you might be gone for a while.... I don't want to get into your uh... sexual life but please be careful...."

My head whipped up and my face went scarlet "I-It's not like that brother! He was sick so I went to take care of him! Gah you're such a boy!"

Kyo was shocked by my outburst and Shigure bolted upright rubbing his eyes in disbelief.

Yuki's eyes went wide and I bowed my head again. I surprised myself with my sudden actions. Shigure decided to break the awkwardness in the air and stood up to stretch. He yawned and waved his hand "Leave her be Yuki, come on, let's all go to bed"

Kyo followed and climbed the steps, Shigure retreated to his office room whatever and only Yuki and I remained.

"I am really sorry Yumi, the big, overprotective brother came out and I- I assumed the worst...."

I got off the floor and walked up to my brother to hug him "Don't do it again... That was embarrassing!"

After that little episode I headed upstairs and went to bed with my mind buzzing.

===================

The next morning when I woke up I showered and got dressed. I didn't have any plans so I just lounged in my room with a book until I got bored.

Once again, nobody was home. Why don't I have a life?! After some thought I put my book down and pulled my coat on along with my shoes.

I aimlessly wandered around the woods for a while until I came to a clearing. There wasn't much there but it was quiet and peaceful.

I found a stump to sit on and looked up, just as snow began to fall.

The child in me opened my mouth and tried to catch some. I giggled at my silliness and settled for catching snowflakes with my hand.

As a child I always thought snowflakes were tiny fairies who came to decorate our world, making it pretty, to give people something to look at during the winter.

Of course those beliefs no longer linger in my mind.

It began getting colder due to my lack of movement so I got up and headed into town. It was only 2 in the afternoon.

Since Christmas was coming up I decided to do some shopping. I knew Yuki had mentioned needing new shoes so I could get him shoes.

Before I crossed the street I made sure there were no cars. The crosswalk signal blinked and I stepped out onto the pavement.

My mind drifted, I thought about things to buy or make the others for Christmas. There weren't many people out.

I was almost across the street when I heard the screeching of tires, the sound sent chills rippling throughout my body. I looked around for the source of the noise, I turned around and a car had just turned the corner. My eyes grew wide, I went to move, but it was too late.

The headlights blurred, as well as my vision as the car had made impact with my body. I felt like I was flying, the freshly fallen snow whizzed past me as my eyes willed themselves to stay open.

A blanket of cold snow enveloped me, that was the last thing I saw. The last thing I heard was sirens before I slipped into the beckoning darkness.