chapter three

Derek's pov.
Im currently packing phoenix and my overnight bag so we can 'visit' a pack across the country. I just need to leave her there for a little bit while I work out some of my personal kinks.
"Phoenix come on roadtrip,"I say slinging the bags over my shoulder.
"Fine I'm coming, but only if you stop acting weird," she calls from the bathroom.
"Fine I'll stop being weird", I say rolling my eyes," your probably just gonna want to sleep on the trip there we'll be traveling through the night."
8 hours later
"Phoenix wake up we're here," I say struggling to hide my emotions. I look over at a solemn alpha and luna, I pick Phoenix up before I can talk my self out of what I'm about to do.
"Derek you can put me down I'm awake now and your squeezing me kinda hard," she says looking up at me innocently. I place her down gently handing the alpha her bag. I pull her to my chest inhaling her scent and kissing the top of her head.
"Derek what are you doing your acting as if... no, Derek, please don't do this, please don't leave me," she sobs. I nod to the alpha as he grabs Phoenix holding her back. Climbing into the truck my heart breaks hearing her sobs, as I drive away I glance in the rearview mirror to see a crying Phoenix crumple to the ground. But I just keep driving this needs to happen for the both of us.