So That's a Bond!

Start from the beginning

"Vegeta will all this possessiveness stop if I complete the bond?" Pan asked glancing a Trunks who was intensely staring at her.

"It will once you mate with him," Bra responded walking down the stairs and into the room.

"When I mate with him?" Pan questioned noticing that Bra had not hinted that she had a choice.

"My Panny?" Trunks asked leaning forward in his chair his eyes becoming glazed.

"I think I feel the need to train, Trunks come with me," Vegeta demanded yanking his son out of the chair and practically dragging him up the stairs and out of the room.

Once the men were gone Bra and Bulma looked at Pan with secretive smiles. Pan was staring up the stairs where Trunks had just exited with a look of longing on her face that she didn't quite understand.

"Do you have more questions Pan?" Bulma asked pulling Pan's attention away from the stairs and back to her.

"Do only males mark their mates? Why does Trunks keep acting this way? How come my parents never told me about all of this? How do I make this decision?" Pan rambled sinking into the couch and placing her head in her hands.

"Easy there girlfriend," Bra said with a laugh reaching out and placing a comforting hand on Pan's shoulder.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning of your questions and see if we can answer them all," Bulma replied, but drew a blank on how to answer the questions. Bra however seemed to have asked the same question already to her father.

"Dad once told me that only the strongest Saiyan females will mark their mates as well. He said that since the mating process is instinctual that neither party knows what's going to actually take place until the event occurs," Bra replies.

"But if it is so instinctual why do you not hear about Saiyan women acting like five year olds?" Pan asked.

"Dad said that's because we have the ability to give life and although I'm still not sure why that has anything to do with it. He also said that if we find someone we want to make our mate that we become more demanding and almost force the male into becoming our mates," Bra continued.

"Okay then, next question," Pan accepted with a nod, "Why is Trunks still flickering between sullen adult and childlike stubbornness?"

"Trunks is still acting that way because his instincts are overruling his mind. His emotions are running right under the surface and those urges keep telling him to mate with you and nothing else. The pressure of that is pressing down on the parts of the brain that allow him to act like an adult and put him more into a childlike state. When Vegeta was going through the same thing he acted more like a teenager and he did not want me out of his sight for an instant. I remember one night I woke up to find Vegeta standing at the edge of my bed staring down at me. I screamed so loud that I woke up everyone else in the building," Bulma replied laughing at the memory.

"So he's acting that way because his brain is telling him he has too. It's the Saiyan 'I like you' mechanism?" Pan said sarcastically.

"Pretty much and the last question I can't give you an answer to, only your parents can. I'm assuming Gohan thought that since you are only ¼ Saiyan and since there is only one Saiyan male that is not family around you that you wouldn't be affected. I definitely do not think for a minute he considered Trunks to be a contender in your life," Bulma finished with a sigh.

"I guess I can understand that, but I'm not happy about it," Pan replied.

The three women continued to talk for a long while until Bulma stood to get some work done down in her lab. Bra and Pan remained seated in the living area. It was about an hour later and the girls were watching some martial arts movie that Pan had picked out, when Pan decided to continue their conversation about bonds.