If Liam masturbates in Zayn's body, is that the same as giving Zayn a hand job? Liam is so confused.

"I wasn't," Liam says quickly. "I definitely wasn't, I swear."

Zayn nods, eyes on the comforter of the hotel bed instead of meeting Liam's gaze. "I know you weren't. I was just kidding."

"Why are you in my room, anyways? How'd you get in here?"

"Technically it's my room," Zayn answers. "And Louis sent me. Said he wants all of us to meet in his room so we can, like, practice or whatever." Zayn yawns. "I really don't want to, though."

Liam takes his first good look at Zayn. There are dark smudges underneath Liam's brown eyes, and he looks almost hollow and gaunt. There's a pinched, tense set to his mouth, and a flat look in his eyes. All in all, he looks the way Liam does when he's just getting better from being sick; exhausted, pale and weak.

"You okay?" Liam asks. "You look like hell, Zayn."

Zayn snorts a laugh. "Way to insult yourself," he says. "I'm fine."

"Zayn."

"What?" Zayn snaps. He rubs his hands on his thighs. "I've not had a cigarette in twenty-four hours, Liam. I'm fucking antsy, a'right?"

Liam rubs a hand over his face. "I give you permission to smoke in my body," he says. "But not excessively, okay?"

Zayn shakes his head. "Nah, I don't even want to. Like, I'd feel guilty as hell." A smile tugs at his lips. "I almost snuck one earlier, but then I looked in the mirror and all I could see was your judgmental freaking eyes and I couldn't do it."

"I don't have judgmental eyes," Liam argues.

"Yeah, you do," he says. "That's the reason the rest of us try not to fight with you. You're guilt inducing, Liam."

Liam goes and sits on the bed, too. He pulls one leg up under him, resting his hand on his ankle. Zayn's ankle. It's bony and smooth, and he brushes his thumb over it for a moment, feeling the knobs of the bones. "We should probably talk about what we can and can't do in each other's bodies," he muses. "For future reference. If we're stuck like this for a long time, it's probably best to know where the lines are."

"Like going out to get Justin Bieber's signature tattooed on ourselves or something," Zayn jokes. Liam's eyes widen. "I wouldn't do that," Zayn says quickly. "I won't do anything to permanently disfigure you."

"Okay," Liam says, relieved. "No tattoos, first rule. Of anything, anywhere."

"Deal."

"Um." Liam licks at his lips. "What else?"

This look flits over Zayn's eyes, just for a moment. It's gone before Liam can figure out what it is. "No fucking anyone in my body, Liam. Anyone. At all."

"I wasn't planning on it," Liam says, and now that he thinks about it, his stomach twists. "Same for you. No— no anything, with anyone. Please."

Zayn nods. "But what if this last for a long time?" he asks. "What if it doesn't go away in a few days? I'm just saying, we're both... we're going to, like, eventually want to... you know."

"No," Liam says honestly. "I really don't."

Zayn groans. "Are you really going to make me say it out loud?" Liam gives him a blank look. "Eventually we're gonna want to get off, Liam."

Oh. Oh. "Right."

"So." Zayn shrugs. "I don't know, I guess—"

A knock at the door interrupts him. Liam gives Zayn a look, waiting for him to answer it because it is his room, technically, but then the knocking intensifies, loud and sharp. Liam gets up, knowing exactly who it is, which is why he isn't surprised at all when Louis pushes into the room.

"We're all waiting for you two, you realize," he says, looking a little put out. "Are you coming?"

Zayn yawns, shaking his head. "I'm tired."

"You're always tired," Louis says. "Alert the fucking media. Come on, let's get this done with. I want to go out."

"Then go," Zayn suggests. He falls back against the bed, covering his face with his arm. "I'm too tired to practice. Plus, I know all of Liam's parts off by heart anyways. We'll be fine."

Louis raises his eyebrows. "Liam?"

"I think I could be okay with just winging it," Liam admits. "I know all his parts, too."

"Okay." Louis shrugs. "If you two screw up it's on your heads, not mine. You wanna come out with me?"

Liam does, actually. He could use a good, fun night out, but... "Is getting wasted on the list of things we can do or on the list of things we can't do in each other's bodies?"

Zayn doesn't even lift his head. "Go ahead," he says with a wave of his hand. "Don't do anything stupid. But if I wake up back in my own body tomorrow with a hangover, I'm going to be an asshole all day."

*