•29• Not a Family {Part One}

Crystal's P.O.V

Frank, Johnny and I were supporting Mike as he walked towards the office. He seemed to be in a lot of pain as he was limping and groaning.

"Why'd you wash the floor?" Mike whimpered as we were practically dragging Mike along the stairs.

To be honest, I would be quite suspicious if I was Mike as we never do the chores in our own spare time. We only do the chores if they force us to, otherwise, we would just be on our technology.

Johnny looked upset, innocent and concerned at the same time,
"We wanted to surprise you."

We? It should be Johnny wanted to surprise him. Johnny always tries so hard to try get Tee and him fostered but what's the point? Once we're sixteen, we can finally be out of this dump and live our own life, freely.

Mike chuckles before groaning in pain,
"You succeeded."

I was basically doing nothing as I'm really weak and would fall due to his weight. I actually like sports but I'm just too weak and lazy to do the other stuff. The two boys were supporting Mike's weight whilst I was sulking behind.

I don't even know why I bothered to go try help. I should have just stayed in the kitchen with the others as I'm not even helping.

I heard thump like footsteps so I glance upwards and see Gina walking towards us.

"What's happened?" Gina asked curiously yet worried.

She looked like she was about to burst out laughing due to the faces Mike was making as he was in pain.

"Mike slipped over," I replied with concern for his well being.

To be honest, the concern look is fake. I don't really care what happens to the people in this place as I doubt they even care about me.

"Oh right. I'll see to him now, boys and girl; go on," Gina shooed us away.

Johnny and Frank zoom back to the kitchen whilst I walk very slowly. This holiday thing is actually really stupid. I know I was all for it at the beginning but now I realised how much trouble we could get into.

"Is that alright?" I heard Gina mutter.

Obviously he's not alright. He landed on his back. I'm pretty sure you could paralyse your lower body if you break your spine.

I heard Mike reply back with a groan and,
"My back is killing me!"

I watch as the older adult clinges on to Gina for support.

Mike turns to Gina to say something,
"I think Johnny has attachment issues."

I snigger quietly before walking off to the kitchen. Wait till I tell Johnny that, he'll be furious.

"Rightt, I think that is nearly everything," Terrie says while I enter the kitchen following Johnny and Frank.

The boys all high five each whilst Terrie picks up a piece of paper with lots of writing on it,
"Now if you could just get this form filled in by an adult. I, uh, think we're nearly done."

Toby looks at the woman in worry but she is too busy to realise as we are all looking at Sapphire as she slammed the back door closed.

We all say choruses of helloes and Sapphire looks at us suspiciously.

Game overrrrr..

"What's going on?" Sapphire quizzes and crosses her arms.