Isaac and Boyd had followed the twins from school to the building and informed us that Allison had entered a minute after they'd disappeared inside. "They want you to know." Scott said, which was obvious. 

"More like they don't care," Peter pointed out, discarding the blueprint he'd been examining to grab a different one. Scott stepped right up to the desk to he could look at them himself.

"What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously, and Derek shared a look with Peter before nodding his permission.

"We're coming up with a coup de main," Peter told Scott in a tone that was far too cheerful considering the circumstances. "Better known as a pre-emptive strike."

Scott's expression twisted in horror. "You're going after them." It wasn't a question.

"Tomorrow." Derek confirmed. "In the penthouse, right above the Argents."

"So kill them first?" Scott connected the dots, looking at each of us in turn. "That's the plan?"

"They won't even see it coming." Boyd said, and I nodded.

"Why is the default plan always murder?" Scott demanded. "Just once can someone try and come up with something that doesn't involve killing people?"

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you?" Peter drawled, but then turned to tell Derek, "Not that I disagree with him."

"You're against killing people?" I asked, disbelief colouring my tone. "You?"

Peter gave me a scathing look but Derek spoke over us. "You know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move." He told Scott, who continued to stare at us like we were insane. 

"You can't beat a pack of Alphas." He stated the obvious, and Derek nodded in agreement.

"You're right," He agreed. "That's why we're going after Deucalion - just Deucalion."

"Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies." Boyd added.

"Only this isn't a snake," Peter said before Scott could respond. "It's a Hydra, they're all Alphas."

"Deucalion's still their leader." Derek said irritably. Peter sighed.

"Let's hope so." He said gravely. "Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the Hydra's heads."

"Two more grew back in its place." Scott said, and Peter raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Look who's been going his summer reading."

-x-x-x-

Scott McCall was a lot of things. A werewolf, a teenager, a boy who had no sense of self-preservation and was often blinded by his love for Allison. He went against almost everything Derek did just because it was Derek who did it and pissed me off a majority of the time.

But above all else, Scott McCall was predictable.

Our plan had never been to attack the penthouse. No, Derek and I had a far simpler, more ingenious plan in mind, a plan that hinged on Scott's whole-hearted conviction to do what was right that always had him running head first into danger - determination disguised as bull-headedness, as dumb luck. Scott would do whatever he had to, no matter how dangerous, as long as it was morally sound and just.

So far our plan was going perfectly - the only real danger had been Scott realizing Isaac wasn't staying with him because we'd kicked him out, but because we needed an inside man to tell us what Scott was planning on doing - but it had worked beautifully and Isaac text us as soon as he and Scott set out to 'reason with' Deucalion.