Chapter 1: The Ball

The carriage rattled along the streets of London.

"Not another party." Ciel complained. "This is the third one this week! Doesn't that Trancy brat ever have time on his own?"

Sebastian chuckled. "We meet the most interesting people at young Earl Trancy's parties, my lord. Those connections would be useful." He said, enjoying his young master's irritation. Ciel scowled at him.

"What's so funny, demon?" he snapped. Sebastian smirked.

"Nothing, my lord. I merely look forward to the evening's activities." he said pleasantly.

"You mean watching me make a fool out of myself in front of Lady Elizabeth?" Ciel said gloomily.

"There is that." Sebastian chuckled. Ciel scowled.

"Don't be snide." he growled and changed the subject. "At any rate, when will we get there?"

"Soon, my lord. No need to be impatient." Sebastian said pleasantly. Ciel scowled again and settled himself to glaring out the window. Sebastian settled himself to watching his young master. The rest of the ride passed by in silence.

"Bochan." Sebastian said, shaking the boy. "Bochan, we have arrived." Ciel sat up groggily. He scowled at himself. He had fallen asleep! He shook himself awake, and Sebastian chuckled.

"Shall we go, Bochan?" he smirked. Ciel growled, still droopy eyed. Sebastian exited the carriage and held the door open. Ciel stepped down, yawning and rubbing his eye. He stumbled a bit, and Sebastian caught him.

"Careful, my lord." He smirked. "Perhaps we should wait for you to wake up first." Ciel slapped him.

"Be quiet." he snapped. "Don't..." He was interrupted by a bundle of pink frills.

"Ciel!!!!!" Elizabeth squealed, picking Ciel up and whirling him around. "You came!" Ciel winced as his fiancee set him back on his feet.

"Of course, Lizzie." He said. "I promised, didn't I?" He looked at her. She smiled and crushed him into another hug. Sebastian looked angry.

"Ciel! You remembered to call me Lizzie!" Lizzie squealed again. She said everything in a squeal.

"Greetings, Earl Phantomhive." A cold voice said. Ciel looked up and instantly realised why Sebastian was angry.

"Hello, Claude." Ciel said neutrally.

"Ciel!" Alois sang, hugging Ciel. Winking at Lizzie, he pecked Ciel on the cheek. She scowled. Ciel hit him over the head.

"Hello, Alois." Ciel said resignedly.

"Why did you hit me?" he whined.

"Why did you kiss me?" Ciel replied. The two friends started up a friendly banter as they walked into the Trancy Mansion, Sebastian and Claude trailing close behind.

Ciel found his attention wandering. Alois was introducing him to yet another boring person, and he was bored. His sight fell on Sebastian. He was talking to woman. She was quite beautiful, and judging by the way Sebastian was whispering in her ear, quite pleased to be hit on. Sebastian touched her waist and they began to dance. Ciel couldn't stop staring at them. Eventually, the woman left, being towed away by another man. He took note of the man. His name was Clarence Rockbell and he was the leading producer of bionic limbs. The woman's name was Isabelle. Sebastian didn't stay alone for long. During the six hours of the ball, he danced with 17 women. Ciel knew all of their names.

Isabelle Rockbell. Kesha Sterninglove. Rachel White. Christa Taylor. Rose Anthem. Hannah Moro. Cheryl Facey. Rachelle Geffroy. Tiena Graffo. Patrice Mcconway. Victoria Aykroyd. Lynelle Zobel. Grete Koten. Hollyanne Trollope. Pippa Bott. Rozalie Enis. And Ami Beaulieu.

Ciel felt so angry. Sebastian was his, and his alone. They had no right to flirt with him. Ciel didn't like Sebastian in that way, but the demon was still his. And Ciel hated it when people touched his things.

A/N: Short chapter, I know. Exactly 599 words long, minus this note. And yes, Ciel and Alois are friends in this book. Not that Ciel likes hanging out with Alois much! Sebastian still hates Claude though.

Please note, I didn't actually mean to call Isabelle and Clarence Rockbells, it just sounded right with Clarence's name. Once it was there, though, I decided I might as well continue the reference! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a Fullmetal Alchemist reference. Watch/Read it! It's great!)

At any rate, vote comment, subscribe and hopefully I'll have a longer chapter next time.

Farewell, my Ducklings!

StickKid Out!