"They're burying your mom today" The tribrid revealed. She knew by the way he looked at her that the wolf wanted to know more, anyone would, "I know it's been a while since...uh, that day but Dorian said that they didn't want to bury her until the case was closed. And Doctor Saltzman said that he wouldn't let you out had it been under other circumstances and since there's a chance you're on the NYPD's most wanted list but he insisted that you went. He didn't want you regretting not being there for the burial"

The wolf snorted, the only thing he had heard was that he was on the NYPD's most wanted list, did the police really have nothing else to do or someone else to chase who had done worse than what they thought he had, "Me? On the most wanted list? You're kidding, right? I mean, there has got to be people who've done much worse than what they think I've done"

Hope sighed, taking a seat on the bed her boyfriend laid on, "To them, you've committed multiple crimes like second-degree murder, assault, and arson" She took his hand in hers, her thumb stroking the back of his hand, "I know how hard it can be, just please let me come with you. I'll stand as far away as you need me to... I just wanna be there to support you"

The male sighed, he didn't like the idea of going back to Brooklyn on his own but he didn't want to bring his girlfriend with him because of his grandfather. A few moments of silence passed as the brunet thought about it, he wouldn't do anything reckless and stupid if Hope was with him and Landon wouldn't even get a chance to exchange a word with the girl during the day which was a win-win for Adrian.

Alaric had been skeptical about letting two of his students travel across the country to wander alone in a cemetery with Adrian's estranged family on his mother, Claudia, 's side. To be fair, they hadn't exactly traveled, the Mikaelson girl with the assist of Penelope Park was able to teleport herself and her boyfriend to New York City and from there, Adrian would take her to the cemetery. The suited Aquilo boy walked beside his dress-wearing girlfriend left the cab— that they had gotten in when they were in the city— once they reached their destination; Green-wood cemetery.

Hope glanced over at her boyfriend as they walked towards the entrance, "Are you okay? You've barely said a word since we got here"

The female took the silence as a way to tell her to stop talking but she couldn't, she felt like the situation was familiar. She had been there before: just wanting to get through the day, not talking to anyone, "It's hard coming back, isn't it? I stayed in New Orleans for a while when my parents died but we came and got you so quickly... you were never given the time or space to grieve"

Adrian nodded slowly, "I'm okay, Hope. I promise"

The male reached out to grab his girlfriend's hand to reassure her that he was doing alright. He took it in his, intertwining their fingers as they entered the cemetery by walking through a brownstone double-gate covered in panels depicting biblical scenes of death and resurrection from the New Testament. The couple walked towards a limestone chapel, people entering and exiting the building. A man in a suit and sunglasses stood outside, handing out the funeral program. He took his sunglasses off when the two wolves approached him, he watched the young Aquilo boy, eyes scanning him. The man didn't say anything, instead, he handed a program to Hope and Adrian and let them continue.

"Who was that?" The Mikaelson girl questioned when her boyfriend pulled her into the chapel.

The brunet looked back at the entrance as people came flooding in behind them to take seats before the service began, "My mom's uncle. They're all my mom's family"

"And your dad's?"

"They're all dead"

Hope nodded, she was left speechless. Her gaze drifting off to the decorations in the church and the flower arrangements that reminded her of the funeral they had for her mother back in New Orleans but without the jazz band per Nola tradition, "I— I've never been to one of these before" She spoke again, "A real funeral. The Crescents, we— they give a eulogy to a body covered with flowers and a person's grave goods before they pour the bourbon over it, light it and then they send the body on a float into the river where it burns under the crescent moon. A real Norse funeral"