sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Hope bolted up, almost falling out of her bed when a scream ripped through the air. It took her a moment to realize that the scream came from the  Aquilo boy who sat curled up in the corner of the room, shaking. Another second passed and the girl found herself running out of her bed to the male, she wrapped her arms around him, whispering soft reassurances into his ear. It wasn't until she felt Adrian's warm tears landing on her arm and his breathing that she realized that he was awake.

"Let go of me" The boy muttered, struggling against her hold on him.

Per his request, Hope released him and let her arms fall by her side, "Adrian—"

The male finally faced her, gripping her by her shoulders, "Please, let me leave I— I need to go"

The Mikaelson girl furrowed her eyebrows in fear, not for herself but for him. She feared that he was going to go out and do something stupid, "Go where? It's two am in the morning"

"I need to go" The brunet rose from the floor, heading for the door. He pulled on the handle but it wouldn't budge since the door had been locked by magic. He faced the female with a pleading expression, "I need to go home, I need to go to my parents. Please"

"Your p—" The female licked her lips and swallowed. Her heart ached for him, it was as if he was dreaming while he was awake and he didn't know about his family, "Adrian if you could just—"

The male growled and turned again, banging on the bedroom door, "Let me out!"

Hope approached him, she placed her hand on top of his to stop him from continuing his banging on the door. She moved his hand from the door and let it fall by his side before she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him in for a hug. A few moments passed and the girl finally let go when she noticed that Adrian had calmed down. Released from her hold and overwhelmed, the boy took a seat on the floor again, clutching his head as whispers clouded his mind. Whispers that blamed him, whispers that told him that his family was going to end up dead if he didn't go to them.

"Get out of my head!"

The tribrid knelt down beside the male. She had never experienced something like this and so it was obvious to her why she didn't know how to deal with it and help him. But it also hurt her to see him like that, "Listen to me, okay?" Hope reached for his hand again, holding it in hers, "Your parents... Your family, they're dead"

Adrian closed his eyes, forcing the last tears to leave his eyes. Fluttering his glassy eyes open only a moment later, he looked up at the girl, "No, no..." He shook his head, "They're not— No"

Hope nodded but regretted it immediately when she saw the tears forming in the male's eyes. She bit her lip,  tears of her own threatening to spill over her anterior lid margin. She wrapped her arms around him again, comforting not only him but herself too.