Fueling the Fire

I'm so sorry this took forever. :( My updates are usually once a week. And school strats wednesday, I'm not sure how fast i can get these up. :( Sorry loves. Leave a comment or vote, love you guys who are reading this. i really appriciate it. Heres the next chapter. 

Zayn can only process two thoughts. I can’t breathe. And Louis.

To say that Zayn was scared would be the understatement of the year. He is bloody pissing himself. Not quite literally, wanting to keep his dignity, but he’s most definitely screaming and kicking. And maybe shaking a little. Why aren’t people seeing what’s going on? The more he thinks about when he was walking in he didn’t see anyone in the box one over from Liam’s. Were they killed? Zayn really hopes not. Because that would just be a whole room full of people to add to the list of people’s deaths he’s responsible for. And where’s Liam? He’s either dead, incapacitated, or being held back. Hopefully neither of the first two. Louis is supposed to be coming up; maybe he’ll catch them before- before what? Before they kidnap him? Before they torture him? Before they surely kill him?

The bag is opaque, like a plastic grocery bag you have a stock of in the bottom drawer of your kitchen. Zayn thinks if he’s ever kidnapped again they allow him the decency to have a more breathable bag. Like a rice sack. Nothing like this suffocating thing. He’s probably going die before they even get any fun out of him.

What the fuck?” Zayn doesn’t think he’s ever been more grateful to hear Louis’ voice more than his time in his life. He almost sighs in relief, but knowing how many guys are here and how absolutely huge two of them are… “Zayn!” And then the person who is carrying him like a ruck sack takes off in a run. Zayn’s being jostled, and he’s probably going to have bruises along his ribs and stomach. “Shit.” And suddenly Zayn can make out red tinting the bag. At first he thinks its blood, but there was no splatter, and it’s everywhere.

BRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!

The alarm bell. This time Zayn does sigh. But only then does he realize he was moving down. Not like a fall, no, more like an elevator. Shit. He’s stuck in an elevator with god knows how many criminals itching to kill him. Great. They don’t have weapons right? But Scar as the knife. Zayn sighs again, but more like in exasperation than in relief.

“Zayn stay alive in there!” He can barely make out the muffled voice through the thick elevator doors. And then he hears a scream. Zayn winces. He’s never heard if before (well maybe when he was a young child) but he knows that’s Louis. And just hearing that has him kicking and thrashing harder. Whoever was holding him just grunts and lets go of the grip they had over his waist. Zayn briefly screams before all the air is pushed from his lungs. The fall maybe isn’t that far, only a few feet, but when you’re already losing air from the bag around your head (and when were his hands tied up?) and it’s surprising. Zayn’s pretty sure he’s allowed to be gasping. Though it may not be the smartest idea with this fucking asphyxiating- and suddenly it’s being pulled off with a huff. They catch some of his hair and he flinches but otherwise he just relishes being able to actually breathe.

“If Louis dies I will personally murder all of you torturously until you’re begging for death.” Zayn seethes after he’s gained enough oxygen to sit up and scoot to the wall. Inside with him isn’t the whole posse, which is the bright side. The dimmer, negative news is that he’s got Vladimir, Slim, and Scar in here. Three of the scariest criminals Zayn’s ever heard of to be honest. That means that Maksim has Louis. And Zayn’s anger level is boiling to a breaking point again. “I swear.” They all just bust out laughing. Fueling the fire.

“Oh Zaynie-baby, you know that’s not what would happen. But it’s nice of you to think optimistically.” Slim’s voice is overly sweet and he strokes the side of Zayn’s cheek. Zayn shakes his head and raises his tied hands to slap his hand away. He’s seriously had enough of having his wrists together. Why don’t I just weld them, it’ll make it easier for everyone. Slim clicks his tongue in a scold before he slams Zayn’s head against the elevator wall by his hair. “No don’t be rude Zayn. I’m just admiring those lovely cheekbones you were gifted with.” He reaches his hand up for another touch. Zayn squeezes his eyes shut and tries to think about something else and not Slim’s hand molesting his face. But his mind only wanders to Louis and his scream. Zayn’s insides are twisting and turning. He feels like he might throw up. If Louis dies he’ll have no one left. Sure he has a few other friends that work around the agency, Louis’ family, and Liam. But it’s Louis. But speaking of Liam what happened to him? Zayn tries using Liam as a distraction from what could be happening to Louis but it just doesn’t work. Flashes of Maksim pinning his tiny body against the wall and- wait. Where’s Harry, he had to have come up with Louis right? Zayn’s almost calm until he thinks about how he’s still in this elevator with three escaped convicts.