two

pic: Alexa Jackson

--

// Alexa //

"He's fucking weird," I mumbled to Maya as we walked around the boardwalk downtown.

"You just have to get to know him... I don't even know him yet, but he wants to build a good relationship," Maya spoke, taking a bite out of her chocolate ice cream.

"Were you guys close before he got kicked out?" I wondered, dragging my feet across the pavement.

"Yeah, but he was gone for so long, it's like I don't even know who he is anymore," she answered.

"That makes sense," I said, looking up ahead of me, and something catching my eye. "Wait, isn't that...?"

"What?" Maya asked, following my eyes and then giggling. "Wow, yep, that's him."

Luke was standing a few feet ahead of us, with a group of three guys. "He knew we'd be here."

"Yeah, he did. That's why he came," she responded, taking my hand and leading me in their direction.

The boy with lilac hair noticed us first, and then started tapping the Asian-looking boy's shoulder.

"Can we help you?" The Asian-looking boy said to us once we approached them, which caught Luke and the other boy's attention.

"Oh, hey, baby sis!" Luke exclaimed, annoyingly giving Maya a hug. "Hey, Alexa!" He shouted, making me roll my eyes. He tried giving me a hug, but I backed away.

"Don't touch me," I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

He shook that off, and then started introducing us. "Boys, this is my sister Maya, and her bitch of a best friend, Alexa," he spoke, winking at me when he said my name. "Maya and Alexa, this is my band. Calum, Ashton, and Michael." He gestured to each boy as he said their names, but I was still confused on who was who. I wasn't really paying attention.

"We thought you were gonna ask us for an autograph or something," the Asain-looking boy said, chuckling.

"Probably not," I answered, turning and looking over my shoulder at the ocean.

Maya gently slapped my wrist, making me smirk. "Sorry."

"Nice to meet you all," Maya spoke, making them all nod and smile.

"Well, we're gonna go now," I said, taking Maya's hand and pulling her away.

"Bye!" The boys shouted. Maya waved, but I just kept walking.

I assumed that Luke's band mates all acted pretty similar to the way Luke acted, so I knew I probably wasn't going to get along with them.

"@lukehemmings just followed me on Instagram," I sighed, locking my phone and putting it in my back pocket.

"Are you gonna follow him back?" Maya asked, scrolling through her Twitter.

"Maybe later," I answered, walking to the tiki bar to get a smoothie.

"You know, he was only flirting with you earlier. He's not actually an asshole," she told me, making me laugh.

"He wasn't flirting, My. He was trying to get under my skin; which is what assholes do. It's whatever, though. I'm hoping I won't have to see too much more of him."

"You'll be seeing a lot of him, Lex. He's living with me now, and I'm sure he's gonna wanna go places with us."

"I guess so. But if he says one rude thing to me, I'm throwing hands."

Maya laughed at my comment, and then we stood from the tiki bar stools and began walking onto the pier.

--

I went back to Maya's afterwards, and we changed into our bikinis and walked out back her house and laid by her pool.

My parents had just left for Italy for two weeks, so I wanted to be at Maya's instead of at home by myself.

"What time did you parents leave this morning?" Maya asked, as if she was reading my mind.

"I don't know, I guess at like 4. They're flight was at 7."

"Gotcha. My parents left, too," she told me, rubbing tanning oil onto her legs.

"What? Where'd they go?" I asked, sitting up and looking at her.

"Italy, with your parents. They got invited last minute," she told me.

"Oh, my parents didn't say anything about it," I commented, grabbing the tanning oil off of the table in between me and Maya.

I began rubbing it on my body, until I heard a loud noise on the roof of the house. I looked up, only to find the Luke Hemmings himself, jumping off the roof into the pool, splashing Maya and I.

"What the hell, Luke!?" Maya exclaimed, standing up and shaking some of the water off of her hands before she wiped her eyes.

"Oops, didn't mean to do that!" Luke shouted before fits of laughter escaped from behind me. I looked back, and the three boys were sitting there, laughing their asses off.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I said through gritted teeth, grabbing a water football off the ground and chucking it at him as hard as I could, hitting him square in the chest.

"Ow, fuck!" He yelled, causing me to smirk. "You're a bitch."

"Probably, but you're an asshole. So, we're even," I said, shrugging my shoulders and pushing past the boys to go into the house.

"Alexa," Maya said after she closed the patio door. "He's flirting with you."

"No he's not, he's being a fucking nuisance," I spoke, taking a towel and drying off. "I'm going home. Dinner at 8:30, I'll pick you up. Dress nice."

She sighed before agreeing, and walking me to the front door. "See you tonight."

I waved before quickly getting in my car, and drving off.

--

Luke's fucking annoying I hate him