one

pic: Maya Hemmings

--
// Alexa //

I woke up at about eleven on a summer morning, so I decided to go over to my best friend Maya's house.

I put on an off-shoulder, white bralette with a pair of high-waisted jean shorts, and a pair of white sandals. I tied my hair up in a messy twirl bun on top of my head, and then added a red, floral turban headband. I put on a bit of makeup before traveling downstairs, telling my cleaner where I was going, and grabbing my keys and leaving my house.

--

Once I arrived at her house, I didn't bother knocking, I just walked in. I noticed a black Audi parked in the driveway where Maya usually parks, but I ignored it, thinking she might have gotten a new car or something.

"Maya! I'm here!" I yelled once I stepped foot in her house, and closed the door behind me. "Wanna go to the board walk?" I shouted.

She didn't say anything, but I noticed an extremely tall, broad, blonde boy walk out into the foyer and lean against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, and his eyebrow quirked as he watched me.

"What the hell?" I quietly said. He looked like he could have been Maya's brother, but she didn't have a brother. She never mentioned a brother before. What if he, like, kidnapped her or something?

"You must be looking for Maya?" He asked. Shit, he was hot. His voice was so deep, and he had a five o'clock shadow growing on his chin. He looked very familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on where I saw him from.

"Yeah, that's why I yelled her name," I said, not moving a muscle.

"She just left to go to the store. That's why her car isn't here," the boy explained, making me sigh and nod. I knew Maya wouldn't have gotten an Audi.

"Who are you?" I blurted out, dropping my arms from my chest.

He chuckled a little bit before taking a step towards me. "I'm Luke Hemmings, Maya's brother. I just got home from tour with my band. And, you are?"

So, that's where I've seen him from. On the Internet. He was in some boy band. But I wasn't going to let him know I knew of him, I was going to play it off.

"I've been friends with Maya since we were twelve and I've never seen you. And she's never told me about having a brother." Now, it was my turn to cross my arms and quirk an eyebrow. "I'm Alexa Jackson."

"I lived in Perth with my uncle. I got kicked out of the house. Maya was told not to speak of me for God only knows why, but I'm sure she'll have to tell you about me now," he said, smirking and walking towards me.

"Maya and I were twelve when we met. How old are you?" I asked him, staying stationary.

"Eighteen." He laughed half-heartedly.

"So you got kicked out when you were, like, thirteen? Why?" I pressed, pouting my plump lips.

"I was disobedient. I didn't listen, or do anything my parents told me to. But, now that I'm famous, they let me move back in," he told me, making me smirk.

"Famous? Hmm, Luke Hemmings. Yeah, it doesn't ring a bell," I continued to taunt him, and he continued to walk towards me.

"We just finished touring with One Direction," he voiced, making me start laughing rapidly.

"Oh, that's why I don't know who you are. I don't fuck with boy bands," I spoke, tilting my head, still laughing a little bit.

"We're not a boy band, sweetheart. We all play our own instruments, we all can sing. One Direction doesn't play their own instruments; that's what makes them a boy band," Luke snarled, causing me to smirk.

"If I don't listen to One Direction, how the fuck would I know who your band is? You guys toured with them. I'd have to keep up with One Direction to even remotely know about you," I explained, standing on my tip toes to get in his face, even though I only reached his shoulder even standing on my tip toes.

"Are you trying to intimidate me? You're, like, 4'11," he said, trying to keep a straight face, but breaking it by laughing at my height.

"I'm 5'0. There's a difference," I told him, getting annoyed because of his joke. I was always made fun of because of my height, and he was just another person to add onto it. "You're like a hundred feet tall, it's not my fault."

"I'm 6'4, thanks. But, you're still short. My sister must tower over you. Isn't she, like, 5'9?" He asked, making me roll my eyes.

"5'10," I corrected him, turning around when I heard the front door open.

I swung around, finding Maya there with a smile on her face and grocery bags in her hands. Once her blue eyes met mine, they then traveled up to Luke's, and her smile dropped.

"I can explain," she spoke, setting the bags down on the ground.

"Don't worry about it, baby sis. I already did," Luke said, a devious smile on his face.

"No, he didn't. Why didn't you tell me you had a brother?" I pressed.

"I told you no one knows why she wouldn't tell you," Luke commented, making me turn and face him.

"I wasn't talking to you!" I yelled, spinning back around to look at Maya.

"Well, I was answering. In all honesty, Alexa, she's just standing there." I wanted to laugh at that, but I was too aggravated.

"Luke! Stop talking!" I shouted. "Maya, why didn't you tell me you had a brother?"

"She probably didn't want to," Luke answered, once again.

"Oh, my God! Shut up!" I screamed, completely fed up with him. "How many fucking times am I going to have to tell you to shut the fuck up?!"

"Bitch," he replied, crossing his arms.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was cut off by Maya's voice.

"Guys!" She yelled, catching our attention. "Can you please stop bickering for a minute?"

We didn't say anything, only stared at her and waited for her to continue.

"My parents told me not to say anything about Luke. They said he was a disappointment to the family, so I shouldn't speak of him. That's it. It's not a big deal," she finished picking the bags up off the ground and carrying them go the kitchen.

Luke and I followed her like lost puppies, and then I began speaking.

"You're right, it's not a big deal, but you still could have told me. We've been best friends for 5 years!" I whined, crossing my arms.

"Do you want some cheese with that whine?" Luke asked, bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Oh, my God, shut the hell up!" I screamed, grabbing Maya's hand and dragging her out the door.

--

finally I updated lol