2. And The Snakes Start to Sing

Harry's POV

After what seemed like hours talking to friends he decided it would be best to go to bed. Classes started tomorrow and Harry wanted to make a good score on his O.W.Ls. He wanted to work in the Ministry after Hogwarts. Hermione wanted to work in the Ministry also, and Ron was weirdly and quite fast becoming a famous Quidditch player.

Harry hugged his friends goodnight and felt a wave of relief wash over him. He was happy he could finally have a normal year. His thoughts started to subside when he entered his new dorm. 

He soon realized that he hasn't seen Draco come out of their room. Harry got curious and cautiously walked in. The room was dark with streaks of moonlight coming from the window. Harry heard rigid breaths, apparently from the already sleeping blonde.

Harry ventured over towards Draco's bed. Harry smiled to himself when he saw him sleeping peacefully. Draco didn't look stressed or threatening, Harry liked that.

Taking off his shirt, he climbed into his own bed finally having a dreamless sleep.

-

Harry awoke before Draco did so, he tried to get ready without waking him. He put on a plain grey t-shirt and some jeans and threw his robes over them. Once being satisfied with his look, he exited the room and made his way into the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Hey guys," Harry said to his two best friends, Hermione and Ron. He sat down in between them, filling his goblet with pumpkin juice. Ron was too busy stuffing his face with sausage to say hello back.

Hermione on the other hand was straight into the questions.

"How could not tell us that your new roommate was Draco Malfoy?" Hermione asked.

Before Harry even said anything Ron said something first,"Mate, that's dangerous."

Hermione nodded her head in agreement with Ron. The tension between Harry and his friends grew as they were waiting for an answer.

"Guys, I don't know. Professor McGonagall chose our roommates didn't she? Ask her. Plus, he doesn't say anything at all."

"That's odd," Ron stated. Hermione sighed before reopening her potions book. She wanted to be a few lessons ahead of everyone when she does go to potions which is after breakfast.

Harry noticed Draco entering the Great and with Hermione following his eyes, she noticed him enter too. Harry watched him sit down next to other Syltherins but, he avoided all conversation. He eyed the other boy from across the room. It was indeed very odd. But, Harry didn't care. This was his year.

His appetite soon disappear as he was trapped his thoughts. He slightly nibbled on his food just so he won't be terribly hungry after. The sound of young kids chattering dulled down to muttering when they went to go to their first class of the year.

Hermione, Ron, and Harry stood up simultaneously, trudging their way down to the dungeons for potions.

*Snape is still alive but I hate him*

All of the Syltherin and Gryffindor eight years entered the room. Harry took his seat, as usual, next to Hermione and Ron.

Snape suddenly entered the class with a swish of his cloak. The sound of his echoing footsteps as he made his way to the front of the class.

"You will have partners. That I will be choosing," Snape said in his dark and dull voice.

"Granger, Brown."

"Thomas, Longbottom."

"Potter, Weasley."

"Malfoy, Zabini," and more names were called after that. With their ingredients set up with their partners, everyone started the assignment.