≢ [2] ≢

Nick Furry Must Die

▿▿▿

"You're sending him to kill the Director of SHIELD?" Anita asked Pierce who nods his head as he walked beside her. She had an early start this morning. But it was a great morning waking up with the Winter Solider still in her grasp.

She felt him try various attempts at slipping away through the night, but she just held him tighter. It didn't take long before he placed one hand on her leg and the metal one wrapped around her. Of course Pierce called her in to talk to her about how she acts towards the 'weapon'--she blocked all that out.

"No offense, sir, but the team your sending out as 'police' will chicken when things go sour." Anita says, and she knew that she was right. It was always the ones who failed and feared the consequences that would flea.

"That why you'll influence them not to before you all head out," Pierce stopped at the door exiting the facility. "I did say I needed the both of you."

"Okay. Is there anything else you'd like me to do?"

"Fury's car; I want him to be helpless." Was the last thing he said before leaving and going into the awaiting car. Anita turns on her heel making her way to a briefing room where the group of men dressed as 'police' were waiting. They looked up at her leaning against the door frame. The guarded expressions on their face were put at ease from the sweet smile she wore.

"Hello boys, my names Anita. You will take my words in and listen..." She grinned when all of their bodies froze, pupil's dilated to a point where you could no longer see the iris.

▿▿▿

"Hey mister!"

Anita walked the crosswalk in her pastel pink strapless shirt and skirt, going up and hit the hood of the black SUV that sat at a red light. Nick Fury watched at her approach with his one eye, his shock quickly turned to annoyance as he looked at the woman before him. She tapped on his window and he rolled it down.

"Hola! Excuse me, señor cyclops, but do you know where I can find the Smithsonian?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes with a cigaret hanging off her light pink lips.

Her head was leaned against the side of his car. Arms hanging past the open window and, fingers tapping the interior of the driver door. The Director looked down at her. From the corner of her eye she saw the light turn green. She placed lock of hair behind her ear and automatically it turned back to red. The others drive groan and some look at the fast changing light in confusion.

"Not to be rude but are you out of your damn mind? Ma'am, are you intoxicated?" Fury asked with a questioning glare. She looked slightly familiar to him...but why?

Anita nods her head vigorously yes with a fit of giggles--quickly shaking it no. She put her hand over her mouth to quit her laughing.

"Naw man! Just trying to find my destination."

She lifts her left hand to her cigarette, grabbing it between two fingers and taking a long drag before blowing it out. It was a large cloud that streamed from her mouth and going into the car causing the man to cough and wave his hands.

Unnoticed to him, the smoke seeped into the vents of the car

Unnoticed to him, the smoke seeped into the vents of the car. Working it's way into the controls. When the remainder of it cleared Anita smiled at him.

"You know what? I think I'll find it on my own. Nice car."

She gave the hood another pat before walking off and back onto the side walk right before the light turned green again. Nick Fury watched her go with a tingle of suspicion before shaking his head. She was just a random woman. He drove off. Anita stopped in her walk and pressed the button on her com leaving it active.

"He's all yours boys."

"You heard her." The winter solider says through the coms in Russian.

With an impassive face she go into the car waiting for her. Not bothering with the seat belt and stubbing out the cigarette on the inside of her palm. The burning feeling wasn't felt. Just a numb hotness. The young Hydra agent in the other seat watched her do the action with a wince. Anita rolled her eyes and threw the bud at him, causing him to flinch. As they drove far away from where the action up ahead had she stared out the window.

"Mission failed. He's gone into the sewers."

"That's nasty," Anita's nose scrunched up in disgust. She spot something out the window and with wide eyes tells the driver to pull over. "He's always had tricks up his sleeve. Don't worry babe, we'll find him. I know him well enough."

Before the driver or Hydra agent could question her she was out the door and runs up to the flower boutique  on the side of the street. Her eyes never left the dozen white roses. A red star slicking out on a plastic rod. She took it out, smelling the roses with a grin. The lady by the register was watching her with a smile.

"I was wondering who those flowers were for

"I was wondering who those flowers were for. The note that was left on top of them with the money said that you'd see star."

"Aw James...just like old times." Anita hugs the flowers to her chest and sighs happily.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she rolled her eyes. He would play dumb because there were others listening. "My mission. He has to die today. Ideas of where he went?"

She took her time walking back to the car. The moment she was in the driver to off. Anita ignored the look from the agent looking at the flowers while in thought.

"Well if I know him, like I know I do, he'd go to the place were there's only one person left close by that he can trust. Anyone know where Captain America's been living lately?"