≢ [4] ≢

Winter's Wife

▿▿▿

Two days were to long in Anita's opinion. She's been completely restless without James by her side. Pierce had sent him off on another mission--one which he wouldn't inform her on or let her go with him. It made her very aggravated. She was brought to Washington because the old man said he had needed them both. That, and to make sure the Winter Solider stayed loyal to hydra. After changing into her attire for the day and applied her bold and daring makeup she walked down one of the long corridors in the hydra compound she went on search for James. While heading towards the basement an Agent stepped out with his hand in front of her causing Anita to halt.

"Return to your room."

"I'm looking for--"

"The Asset in debriefing."

She clenched her jaw, looking over his shoulder and down the hall with narrowed eyes seeing the backs of familiar heads walking into a room with thick steel bars. Rumlow and Pierce together. Which couldn't be anything good. Bumping past him she walked quickly after them.

"Ma'am--"

He placed his is hand on her shoulder only for him to pulled away from her as two pipes came popping out  from the ceiling and wrapped around his arms and a wire tightened around his neck. As the man legs flailed a two feet from the ground she brushed of shoulder.

"Don't touch me. Ever."

When she got to the end and stood in the large door way she stopped. Pierce was kneeling in front of her James who looked dazed and confused. He demanded a mission report. She heard him say something about a man on the bridge and how he knew him. The old man then said he'd encountered the man in a mission earlier this week. There was only one person that could be. Steve Rogers.

He couldn't remember could he? Not this fast.

"But I knew him." He sounded so sure. But at the same time still so confused.

 But at the same time still so confused