Chapter 9 // Castella Cafe & the Boy Genius

Start from the beginning

   Kaoru smirked, “I wonder why you never get fat?”

   Momoko gasped, “Hey!!” She whined.

   “Yeah! I wonder why you never gain weight.” Miyako wondered.

   Momoko smirked and stood up to throw her trash in the trash bin and sat back down with them. She shrugged, “That’s a secret you shouldn’t know”

--

   “Uwaa. I’m too early” Momoko said as she looked at the clock post that was in the park. She was so excited that she went to the meeting place 30 minutes the designated time. Yesterday, Momoko and Miyako agreed to meet in the park at 10 in the morning. They’ll be having a girl bonding time with each other.

   “Momo-Chan? Whoa… you’re really early” Miyako said surprised as she saw Momoko leaning in the clock post.

   “I guess we’re both early” Momoko chuckled. “Should we go?”

   Miyako nodded enthusiastically, “Yes! Let’s! I want to buy some new clothes!”

   Momoko’s eyes sparkled and Miyako’s eyes too. They threw their arms in the air, “LET’S SHOP TILL’ WE DROP!” They screamed to no one in particular earning themselves weird glances from by passers around and a few people. 

  They we’re having so much fun together and they didn’t notice that it was already lunch time. It’s true when they say that when you’re enjoying your time you won’t notice a lot of time has passed. They ate lunch at a fast food chain and decided to spend the next few hours chatting in some cake shop Momoko knows.

   They went inside this café called Castella and ordered some cakes. They sat beside a table next to the window, where they can see the busy people walking around with their phones in one ear and brief cases in their left hand and a few couples walking hand in hand.

   “Hmmm. This place brings back memories” Momoko muttered to no one as she stared outside.

   This made Miyako confused. This is the first time Momoko has brought her to this place… why would it bring her back some memorable memories? Perhaps she’s been here with a person Miyako doesn’t know of.

   “Memories? Momo-Chan this is the first time you brought me here…Were you with someone else?”

   Momoko’s head snapped towards her, her face flushed. “O-oh that’s nothing! Let’s eat now…” She said as she laughed nervously and began eating her chocolate cake.

   ‘Chocolate… Brick’s favorite’ Momoko thought. AUGH! Why was she even thinking of him? Erase erase! Forget forget!

   That’s probably because Brick’s the one who told her about this place. They went here when they bumped into each other a few weeks ago. This is her second time being in this café. It indeed brought back memories. But still, one question still lingers in Momoko’s mind…