"How can I? He's in prison and was able to do this? He should rot in hell!" Marc was fuming and I am angry but I need to compose myself. Being angry right now won't solve the problem.

"We ran the surveillance cameras in prison and saw Santiago. He visited Troy West and talked for about two minutes or so."

"That damn bastard!" I can clearly see Marc fuming, plus his hands are already in fists. I put my hand over his and said, "Calm down, both of them are going to get what they deserved." His fists loosened and he sighed.

Three days later....

"Kate!" Stella shouted.

Ugh. What is it now? I've barely had my breakfast and she's already calling me.

"What?" I waited for her.

"Come on, we have to plan your wedding!" She said while skipping towards me.

"Stella, can't it wait? I want to enjoy my breakfast." I groaned.

"Give her a break, lil sis. The wedding can wait. I want her to fully recover first." Marc appeared in the kitchen and smiled.

Stella pouted. Marc came towards me, hugged me, and gave a little peck on the cheek.

"Eat your breakfast, sweetheart." He said before sitting down beside me. Stella also joined us a few seconds later.

After breakfast, Stella really insisted on going wedding dress hopping. So right now, I'm standing in front of a wedding boutique. Stella seemed to be more excited than me.

"Let's go in." Stella pulled me inside and I saw a variety of wedding dresses.

Though, something came through me. Why are we even here? We're designers. Shouldn't I design my own wedding gown? I guess I'll design my own if nothing really interests me.

It's been three hours and nothing I fit interests me. And I'm really exhausted from trying on different gowns. I've decided to go home so I pulled Stella to the side.

"Stella, I want to go home. Nothing really attracts my eyes." I whispered to her.

"I know. Let's go back. The designs seem to lack something." She said before waving goodbye to the boutique staff.

As soon as we sat down in the car, both of us looked at each other.

"What if we design your wedding gown?" She asked.

"That's what I've been thinking. I can actually just design my own wedding gown." I said, shrugging.

"I want to design yours. Can I? Can I?" Stella and her big puppy eyes made me nod. She squealed and hugged me.

"We better get home. Marc's gonna flip if we don't make it to his so-called snack time." I said before making way to the car.

"We're home!" I shouted before closing the door. Stella and I walked to the kitchen and inhaled the scent of garlic. Marc was toasting garlic bread while the other guy was squeezing orange. I was about to ask Stella who this other guy is but she ran to him and kissed him on the mouth. The mouth!

"Okay, what am I missing here?" I asked and put my hand on my hip.

Marc turned around and smiled. I eyed both siblings and waited for their answer.

"Kate, this is David. My boyfriend." My eyes widened.

"Did I miss that much? When did you guys meet? How did this happen?" I looked at Stella and then at Marc and then back at Stella.

"We met days before you were stabbed. I was supposed to tell you that day in the office." Stella said, smiling sheepishly.

"Alright everybody, let's sit down, eat my garlic bread and talk." Marc said and all of us sat down. As soon as Marc and David came back with the snacks and drinks, I crossed my arms and looked at Stella.

"Spill. Give me the details. You're not leaving until you tell me everything."

We spent the whole hour listening to Stella and David's love story. Apparently, they met in the hardware store near the house. They coincidentally met again that night and David asked her out to dinner. They pulled it off!

The night went on and I suddenly yawned discreetly. I was in Marc's arms while listening to Stella's shenanigans while I was in the hospital. At some point, I got too cozy and my vision started to black out.

"Looks like she's tired." I heard David said, faintly.

"Let's head out, D. Bye big bro!" Stella whispered.

I felt my body move and was being carried. Seconds later, I felt my back touching the soft mattress.

"Good night, my love." I faintly heard before falling into a deep sleep.

Marc's POV

I pulled the blankets over her and tucked her in. I sighed. I sat down beside her and caressed her face. I really love this woman. I changed my clothes and joined Kate in the bed. I hugged her like a teddy bear and inhaled her scent. Oh how I love her scent. I smiled. Slowly, my vision started to black out.