14. Tears, Hugs, and Onions

Pacifica Pines

     "Paz, you alright?" panted Gideon as he tried to catch up with my angry stomping. "Are you and Gleeful together?" he asked with a confused face, "'Cause he said 'we're not together, right', what does that even mean?"

     'Cause if you do get together, than I'll need a ship name, like.... Pacifipper? No, that sounds weird... Dipcifica? Yes!" he mumbled happily to himself. I glared at him and walked on. I could feel my heart clenching and hurting.

     Curse both Candy and Dipper, they could go off and have babies together for all I care! I felt really hurt, though. How can you... kiss someone and then ditch them the next day? Well he was trying to act like we're together...

     But that doesn't mean anything!

     I shook my head, trying to get rid of these poisoning thoughts. I just need to find out about the Journal in a month and give it to Dipper and let our paths never cross each other again.

     ~

     "Paz, it's your shift now, we're all going to Greasy's Diner, wanna come? You could ditch your shift, nobody'll tell," said Robbie in a soft tone as he saw my upset face. I shook my head and sighed.

     "I'd rather not," I muttered, trying to keep void of any emotion.

     "Do you want someone to stay with -"

     "No."

     "Alright, we'll be back in a bit," nodded Robbie, grabbing Wendy's hand and leaving the Shack with Gideon and Deuce following behind. I slumped back in my chair, and crossed my arms angrily.

     The doorbell wrung, and the door opened and closed with a soft 'thud'. I muttered a 'welcome' and dug back into the chair even more, happy that the cashier desk blocked the view of me.

     "Hey, Pacifica, you here?" a hesitant, oh-so familiar voice called out. My heart felt as though someone grabbed it and squeezed it. I stood up, trying to keep my emotions in check.

     "What are you doing here?" I snarled. Accidentally.

     "Hey, um, about earlier -" started Dipper only to be cut off by me.

     "I don't care," I spat, crossing my arms. Tears blurred my face as I glared at him with everything I had.

     "Oh my God, are you crying? Come here," he whispered, taking my hands and pushing me into his chest. Of course, my emotions were a dam, and he was a crack in me. And he broke me, and my emotions were let out. Like wild waves crashing against him.

     "I'm sorry," he murmured into my hair as hot, wet tears rolled down my cheeks and stained his oh-so perfect shirt. "I just wanted to make you jealous, not to make you cry," explained Dipper softly.

     "I hate you. And I'm not jealous."

     "Then why are you crying?"

     I froze up at that question, racked my brains to find any excuse. I couldn't let him possibly know I was actually hurt by what he did and that it made me feel worthless. What's one thing that makes you cry?