*Thirteen*

//Look at this boy. I'm just going to go throw myself off a bridge now, bye\\

Avery

"Are you serious?" Ragan questioned me.

"Yep, serious." I said.

I had just told her about my phone conversation with Michael, the night before.

He had told me that they wanted me to come and be their personal concert photographer. They would pay me, of course. It was perfect. I mean I would be doing what I love, with the people I love. How perfect is that?

"What did your parents say when you told them?"

"Haven't told them yet." I said. "And you need to turn more to the side."

Today was our day off and I had volunteered Ragan to be my model, so I could photograph her and expand my portfolio. But mostly just so we could hang out and I could tell her about what was about to happen.

"Well that's gonna be awkward." She said.

"How so?"

"I didn't think they liked them."

"They're cool with them. They liked Michael."

"Well okay then. Just run off and leave me behind."

I smirked at her and she laughed.

"I'm not leaving you behind." I said.

"I know, dude if it was me, I'd already have been gone."

"I know you would have. I'm going to tell my parents tonight." I said.

"Do I need to come over? Make it easier?"

"No, thanks though. But I need to do this on my own."

"Okay, well if you change your mind, just let me know."

"I will for sure." I said.

We finished the photo shoot and then she dropped me off at my house. Mom had needed to use the extra car today, so Ragan had just come by and picked me up.

She left and I went inside. No one was home yet, which was good. It would give me time to figure how to break the news to my parents.

They were very protective of me, especially because of my past, and I knew they would have so many questions about this. I just hoped they would let me go. I had to go.

I had never felt better, then when Michael had been here. Like on the night I had that nightmare, and when he came and held me, I hadn't felt safer in my whole life or more calm. I had calmed down instantly.

And they were starting to get worse. I don't know why, but instead of once a week they were starting to become twice a week now. I was honestly too scared to even go to sleep anymore, but I was suffering for it during the day, so I was a literal mess.

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV, waiting for my parents to get home. The phone rang and I went to answer it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this the Pratt residence." A deep man's voice said.

"Um, who wants to know?" I asked.

"My name is Dale and I'm old family friend."

I froze. I felt my heart speed up and I started breathing hard. I dropped the phone and the room felt like it was spinning. I sat down on the couch and started trying to breathe normally. I put my hand over my heart and I could feel it start to slow down some.