Chapter 1

Chapter 1: The introduction

My name is Kaylee, I am 19 years old and I am a BIG nerd. When I was younger I would love math so much that I made A's on every math test. When my dad died from cancer it was tough...me and mom would spent a lot of time trying to get our lives together. One day I come back from school to find my mom dead. She had left a note saying "I love you sweetie. I have been really sick today,throwing up blood and I knew I was not going to last...." I live with my grandparents now and I continue to love math.
~Present day~
I get on the bus and I sit in my normal seat. "Look out!" A yell come out as there was something that hit my head. I picked up the football and turned towards where it was thrown. I saw Zane with a grin "Throw it back!" He said and I threw it at him. It was a wimpy throw and he laughed. I say nothing and turned back around and got out a book. I started to read when someone sat beside me. I turned my head to see Zane, "What's that?" He asked. "A book." I answer rolling my eyes. He sighed and said "What kind of book?" "It's a book about how to do college math and- Hey!" I stopped because he has my backpack and was digging it it. He pulls out my phone and  gets on it. I go to grab it but he pushes me off. "Give it!" I say but he says "Oh look! A picture of Kaylee at the beach." He grinned and shows it to his friends. My face was hot and red, I grab the phone and shove it into the backpack and Zane moves to his seat. "Stupid boy." I mumble.