IMAGINE: Klaus not being able to get you out of his mind

| IMAGINE for @carrievasko |

"Promise me you'll be safe, Y/N." Klaus whispers to you, holding your face gently in his hands. You smile up at him, trying to keep the tears at bay.
"I promise." You reply quietly. You're leaving New Orleans. Having come to this town a year ago, you fell in love with Klaus after he tried to kill you. Now you have to move away because a powerful vampire is trying to kill you.
Klaus pulls you close to him and kisses you soundly. "Will I ever see you again?" You whisper, tears sliding out of the corners of your eyes.
"Of course you will." He says, smiling sadly, wiping the tears from your eyes.
"I love you." You cry.
"I love you too, Y/N." Klaus whispers, squeezing his eyes shut, a tear sliding down his cheek. He pulls you into a tight embrace and holds you there for a long time.

---

Klaus stares out the window, the rain rolling down the glass. He leans his head on it and sighs, thinking of you.
"Ugh, I need to get her out of my head!" He explains, pushing himself away from the window. He starts pacing the floor, your image swirling in his mind. It's been a month since you've been gone and Klaus has thought of nothing and no one else. He sits on the couch and turns on the TV, concentrating deeply on it. Minutes go by and Klaus realizes he's daydreaming, thinking of you. He growls, turns off the TV, and stands up again.
"I have to see her. I need to see her." He says. He bites his lip. "I'm going to go be with her." He whispers.

---

You tighten the hinge on your cabin door. After you left New Orleans, you bought a cabin and moved to a remote forest on the northern border of Louisiana. You haven't talked to Klaus since the day you left because you were scared that your enemy would track you.
You close the door, but it pops back open again. You groan. "Seriously?!" You exclaim to yourself.
You slam the door shut, but ever so slowly, it slides open. You scoff and rest your head against the cabin. "I should've bought a cabin with a door that actually worked." You mutter.
"Need some help with that?" A voice asks. You whirl around and see Klaus emerging from the forest, a flirty smirk on his lips. Your heart skips a beat.
"Klaus!" You exclaim. You lunge off the porch, running for Klaus. You jump into his arms and wrap your legs around his hips, kissing him deeply. Klaus holds you firmly, smiling.
"W-what are you doing here? How did you find me?" You ask, once Klaus sets you on your feet.
"I have my ways." He replies. He tugs you closer to him. "I missed you so much, Y/N. I couldn't get you off of my mind." He says.
"I missed you, too, Klaus." You whisper.
"So, that's why I've decided to stay." He states.
"You're staying?" You ask wistfully.
"That is, if you want me to." Klaus responds.
"Are you kidding me?!" You laugh. "I'd love it!" You exclaim. He smiles and kisses you.
"I thought so." He murmurs. He wraps his arm around your shoulders. "Now, let's see what we can do about that door." He says, walking with you to the cabin.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!