Suddenly, some ladies moved out of the way, and I saw him.

HARRY!

I moved my eyes towards him at my side. It was Harry. He WAS here.

"Haaaawreyyyyy....."

"Lou! Are you calling for me mate? I'm right here if you are..." Harry said, leaning down towards me.

I tried to shake my head, but I couldn't move my head. No wonder I was relying on my eyes to move around this whole time. Fvck.

"Haaaahppppitooool?" I asked.

"Huh? What's that Lou? Can someone get him some water or something? His throat is probably really dry. I know from experience.....please?" Harry said.

That's my mate. I could always rely on him to stick up for me.

Someone had water for me as quick as could be. They tried making me sip with a straw, but I couldn't close my lips. They held it up to me close, and poured the teeniest bit out, almost drop by drop, as I felt the liquid run down my dry throat. I could feel the cool, wet relief of each drop over my tongue.

The strange lady got braver now, and gave me a few drops at once. It was working. I felt like my entire throat was inflamed, and now it was going back down as it got wet.

Pretty soon I could even move my lips. Imagine that!

After a few minutes of that, the nurse said it was enough for now, and she'd give me more again soon.

The nurse. She was a nurse. And there were other nurses there. And...doctors. Two of them.

What the hell happened to me? The last thing I can remember is...being at Paul's party. Harry and Gwen got busted messing around in his living room closet.....and I......EMMA! I met a girl there! She was pretty coo......

I was torn out of my thoughts, by a doctor talking to me.

"Can you talk now?"

I tried. "Yaaah?"

"Great. Do you know your name?"

"Llllewwwwhhhsssss" I said, but it was sort of exhausting to talk, actually. I was breathing heavily now and I was really really tired all of a sudden. And why the HELL didn't my speech work? Why couldn't I talk? I could THINK fine, so I wasn't retarded....why can't I pronounce words? It's like my jaw just...doesn't work. My tongue...feels numb and heavy....

"Great! Yes. Louis. Now....do you know what date it is?"

I thought about it. Hmmmm.....the party was Saturday night, so today must be Sunday.

"Mmmaayyye....." I didn't feel like trying to say it. I gestured to my hand, and the doctor got the clue and looked at it. Even moving my fingers was exhausting, actually. Fvck. I had to do this, though, so they knew I was fine.

I held up two fingers, and the doctor looked at me. I nodded with my eyes, then looked back down, and the doctor looked back down too. We had a system now, I hoped.

I held up all five fingers, then tucked my thumb in, making the number 9....I hoped.

Please don't say it....please don't think I meant May fif........

"May 59th?" the doctor looked at me strange.

THERE it was. I fucking told him not to say it. In my mind, anyway.

"Nnnnooooo.....fiiiif pllluuuushh fooooo..." I tried to say but got breathless again.

"Five and four! He held up five and four....equals nine! May 29th!  The party was May 28th, so he must think it's the day after! He doesn't know how long he was here!" someone said, and I knew that voice. That voice sounded like angels singing in my ears actually. I LOVED that voice. That voice haunted my dreams recently. I kept hearing it.......talking to me.....loving me.....