Anywhere But Here

Author's note:

Guys, if you didn't read the description, I just want to point out again that every chapter will have the name of a Mayday Parade song. For example, you'll note the name of this one is Anywhere But Here, so go listen to that song for a sort of feel of what the chapter'll be like. thanks for reading my story.

______________________

      Ryan sits in the back of his parent's car, traveling to a location that he doesn't know. Him and his family traveled often, and was now out again. Ryan almost never knew where they were going, they would tell him, but he never could remember what they said, and wasn't too bothered with asking them again.

      Reaching over to the toy car resting on the space beside him, Ryna mindlesssly played with the small object, running it over the navy blue car seat he sat in. Then he looked up at the passenger seat, pretending he was running the car over her long brown hair. He then did the same to his dad, who was talking obviously to his wife beside him.

     Ryan didn't know what happened, all he knew was that suddenly, he was spinning. Not only him, but the entire car that surrounded him. A panicked scream rasped from his mother as they spun faster and faster. Ryan shoved his eyes closed, thinking it was something his father was doing, and that he would stop.

     The car finally came to an abrupt cease, but when Ryan opened his eyes and peered at his mother, her head had something through it, blood spilling out everywhere. When he looked for his father, he didn't see him in the seat he was just in moment ago.

      He didn't know what else to do, so he screamed. Screams that rung in his ears and were louder than he had ever done in his three years of life.

     "Ryan, Ryan wake up." a voice called. He jerked his eyes open and sat straight up. But he wasn't in the car anymore, he was in his bedroom, the same bedroom he's had for the past two months. "Were you having a bad dream? You were screaming honey." Ms. Daniels said to him. Saying nothing, Ryan wraps his small arms around his caretaker. Then does he realize he's been crying, the tears making the fabric she was wearing moisten.

   Ms. Daniels rubbed his back softly. "I had a dream about mommy and daddy again." Ryan whispers when he lets go of her. She simply sighs and runs her fingers through his brown hair. What can you say to comfort a three year old who lost both of his parents? She didn't know.

    "Do you think you can get back to sleep? You're meeting the people who would like to be your new mommy and daddy tomorrow." she explained to him. After two months of him living in an adoption center, a couple saw his file and wanted to meet him for possible adoption. And it was important that he be able to make a good impression.

    Ryan sniffled and wiped a tear from his eye. "I'll try." is all he said. Ms. Daniels tucked him back in and turned off the light behind her.

*3 years later*

      "David! Susan! Hurry up you guys!" a small, energetic boy yelled as he raced down the rocky trail. He absolutely loved to run. It made him feel free, like nothing in the world could stop him. Even though he's only six, he felt as if he had the strength of ten men.

      "Ryan wait up, don't go too far without us!" a featherly light voice yelled back at him. At that he came to a skid and adjusted the small bag on his back. Waiting for his parents, he grabbed the water bottle from the side pocket and took large gulps of it. Eventually they caught up with him, chuckling at themselves. Ryan showed a toothy grin as they approached. His foster father, David, stood tall with short black hair and brown eyes. David had a wide set jaw and broad shoulders. He wore a dark long sleeved shirt and khaki shorts. Susan, his wife had a smaller stature with long blonde hair and grey-green eyes. She wore the same as her husband, but with a puffy vest on top. They both wore hiking backpacks on their backs.