Chapter 9

"Is everything alright Ani?" Padmé asks as her husband re-emerges from behig a tree.

"Yes Angel, they've descovered a new weapon that they want my help with but I told Obi-Wan that I will be there in five days," He gave a smile through a sigh to his wife and she looked at him worriedly.

"Ani if they need you now, you can--"

"No, it's okay. I'm staying right where I am." He cups Padmé's elbows so her forearms are resting on top of his and he kisses her. He adored the soft touch of her lips and didn't want to ever break apart. But sure enough Luke and Leia started arguing and ruined the moment.

"But I don't want to be the bad guy Luke!" Leia shouts, arms crossed.

"But I'm the Jedi so you have to!" Luke says, adoment that Leia had to be the bad guy in their game of make-believe.

"I want to be a Jedi too!" She shouts and then runs up to her dad. "Daddy, I can be a Jedi even though I'm a girl can't I?" She asks.

"Of course you can, and you'll make such a great Jedi. But this is just a pretend game you're playing, why don't you take turns at being the Jedi?" He suggests.

"Okay daddy," Luke and Leia then go back to happily playing.

"Where were we? Oh yeah. I love you," Anakin says, placing yet another kiss on Padmé's lips.

"I love you too Ani." she smiles sweetly at him and her chocolate brown eyes sparkle in the sunlight. "It''s getting late, the children will be tired soon, we should head back up."

"Okay, come on you too, time to go back!" Anakin calls out to his chilren. They sigh and complain but eventually come to meet their parents and travel the short distance back to where they were staying.

When they had returned to  their accomodation Luke and Leia were more than ready to go to bed.

"Goodnight my darlings, sleep well, I love you." Padmé whispers to them both as she kisses each of them on the forehead.

"See you in the morning buddy," Anakin also kisses Luke on the head and then walks over to Leia, "Night princess," and he does the same for his daughter. As they leave their childrens bedroom, Anakin and Padmé turn down the lights and head for their own room. It was still quite early but they were exhausted from tarvelling and decided they would lie down and  get some sleep.

Anakin woke up in the middle of the night after having a terrible nightmare. He sat up, heart racing and chest pumping up and down rapidly. Sweat covered his upper body, highlighting his muscls and collar bone. It was 1:000 am and he didn't want to wake up Padmé and so he lay back down and tried to fall back asleep and forget the dream.

The next morning at breakfact he was quiet. Padmé noticed and was curious as to why her husband was acting so strange. He barely entered any conversationa and kept a continuous painful, concentrted face. Once the children had finished eating and went of to play in their room, Padmé turned to Anakin and confronted him about it.

"Something's bothering you."

"No it's nothing. I'm fine." He lied.

"I can't help you if you're going to lie to me. I know something's wrong and maybe I can help you if you just tell me." She says sweetly yet sternly.

"It..It was just a nightmare." he bit at the inside of his mouth and bowed his head for a minute, Padmé still waiting for an explanation. "I saw a man in a suit of black armour and a helmet covering his face. I don't know who he is but he came to our house, he tortured you and the children and I didn't do anything to stop it. I know it was just a dream but I'm angry at myself for not even trying. You know I would stop it and save you in that situation though right?" Padmé sighed with sympathy and stood behind Anakin, putting her arms around him and kissing him on the cheek.

"I know you would." But this dream worried her. Is he remembering it? The description of the man sounds like the suuit Sidous gave him to disguise him from the Jedi. And the man was torturing her? Sounds an awful lot like mustafar. She tried to push the thought from her head and hoped that it wasn't him remembering anything. It was purely a nightmare.