Day off (Part 1)

Rikkard Ambrose was standing at the edge of his table, staring out of the window.
His thoughts were filled with thoughts about a certain "man" called Lillian Linton.
That happens quite often...
No, It does not!
That man is greatly irritating, distracting me from work. Who does he think he is??
An independent woman who is really beautiful and is constantly on your mind?
Silence!!
"Sir!! Mr Ambrose, sir!"
Speak of the devil and...
A really beautiful devil.
"What is it now, Mr Linton?"
"Well... I was wondering if I could take the day off..."
She has already wasted too much of my time by plaguing my thoughts and now she wants the day off?
How is it her fault that you think about her all the time?
"Absolutely not Mr Linton. I think I have made it quite clear that I do not allow the wastage of time."
"But sir... There's this really spiffing new sweet shop. It's right around the corner of the office.", said the she-devil.
"No."
"You're so mean!!!"
"Mr Linton. Be respectful."
"You're so mean sir."
She glared at me. This woman wastes too much of my time.
After her little tantrum was over she left my office, stamping her feet along the way.
What makes you think she won't sneak out??
She wouldn't do that.
Yes, she would. She is Lilly after all.
Should I check her office?
Ah, you care about her enough to want to know her whereabouts.
Maybe.
I stood up and went to the door that divides her office from mine.
I contemplated about whether to go in or not for a few minutes more.
Just go in!
Although I knew what would happen, I still wanted to see if she was there. I turned the knob and peeked inside.
Just as I expected, the ifrit was not there.

---------
A/N
Thanks to anyone who is reading this.
I know...that this story is a bit fast paced but please bear with me a little.
Anyway, if you see any mistakes, please point it out since I'm kind of a Grammar Nazi.
Don't forget to comment!!
Thanks again ifrits XD