The Fight (Part 2)

Pain.
There was an intense pain in my left arm. What could have possibly caused that?
Someone shook me.

Must be aunt... Why must she insist on disrupting my sleep. The only thing I love more than chocolate is sleep.

And your employer.

I ignored the voice in my head that always called itself a sub.

No. Not a sub. Subconscious!

"Mr Linton", said a deep and familiar voice. How strange. Does aunt have a sore throat?

The only person who calls you Mr Linton is Mr Ambrose.

Mr Ambrose? What is he doing at my house?
Or maybe I am in his office. Makes sense.
I gingerly opened my eyes and almost fell off. There was a face in front of me. A very familiar face.
"Mr Ambrose?"
I sat up. It seemed like he had laid me on the couch in his office.
He was looking at me with a strange look. It was almost... Intense.
"You are alright."
I was getting confused. What is happening?
Then suddenly everything rushed back to me.

The factory. The angry people. The fight. The injury.

I hurriedly glanced at my arm. I was expecting an injury. Blood. But instead I found gauze wrapped around my arm.
Did Mr Ambrose...? No. Why would he?
I looked up to him. He was still looking at me intensely.

"Uh..Mr Ambrose"

Then he exploded. Not literally.
He started talking in a loud voice that was almost a shout.
"Miss Linton!! Were you out of your mind? Why did you feel the need to push me out of the way?! You could have died. Died!!"

At first I was shocked at him calling me Miss Linton. Then I replied with as much vigour.
"Yes, well. You could have also died!!
And why do you care?! I am just an insignificant secretary to you. And If I died... You could always have hired someone else. You know, a man!! You would have gotten what you always wante-"

My rambling got off when Mr Ambrose clamped his hand on my mouth.
The feeling of his fingers on lips...it gave me strange feelings.

They are not new to you. I mean, Mr ambrose always gives you all these sexual desires...

I flushed red. I was sure that I looked like a bloody tomato.
He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back. One of his hands reached my waist and pressed me to his chest.

"You are not insignificant Lillian! You are everything that I wan... I mean, you are everything I could want in a secretary. You have continuously proved to me your worth. You are better than a man."
I was beyond shocked. I'm sure I was staring at him with my mouth agape. He called me Lillian.

And that is the only thing you heard? He praised you, Lilly!!!

Yes. He did. Something that I did not think to be possible.
"What?"
"I am not repeating all of that", he said curtly.
Of course, I did not exactly expect him to repeat it.
"Do you really mean that?", I asked, almost shyly.
And I could have sworn I saw just a tinge of red on his cheeks.
"Well, yes", he said gruffly.
I do not know what overcame me in that second. I hugged him. I bloody hugged him.