When they were younger Cordelia had envied her best friend. Kendra was stunning. With her coffee complexion, smoky eyes, plump lips, big thick curls, and feminine curves, she looked like an african princess. So you might see how pale, skinny, twelve year old Cordelia might've been jealous.

Since then she had grown, matured, and gotten to a point where she accepted and loved the way she looked, but she would still feel the occasional pang of envy towards her best friend.

"Cordie you have got to see the new guy." Kendra squealed, pulling away from the hug.

"New guy?" Cordelia asked dubiously, arching a brow. Willow Creek was a small town of around 6,120 people. That meant that everybody knew everybody. Most people were born in Willow Creek, grew up in Willow Creek, got married in Willow Creek, and died in Willow Creek. Cordelia had been in school with the exact same group of kids since preschool. Until now.

"Yes! A gorgeous one!" Kendra squealed, taking her hand in hers. "Picture an ancient statue of a greek god and there you have it." Kendra told her.

Cordelia looked over Kendra's shoulder to see her second best friend Ethan, leaned against his car watching their exchange, with an amused smile.

Ethan was cute in a geek-rock sort of way. He wore big black framed glasses, a t-shirt for some indie band no one else knew, skinny jeans, converse, and as always his chestnut brown hair was messed up. His mother had given up on fixing it a long time ago.

"Whatever you do, stay safe." Cordelia told Kendra, a wry smile plastered on her face.

Kendra rolled her eyes, "I'm serious Cordie, he's drool worthy!" She protested, obviously irritated that they weren't taking her seriously.

Behind her back, Ethan pretended to swoon which caused involuntary giggling from Cordelia.

"Whatever." Kendra sighed, with an eye roll that said, 'What am I going to with these two?'

In the distance she heard the warning bell, and the next thing she knew, Kendra was dragging her to their neighbouring lockers, and Ethan was waving them goodbye.

As Cordelia racked her brain, trying to remember whether or not she'd done her chem homework, she felt an aggresive poke from her best friend and then heard her whisper, "That's him."

With a sigh, Cordelia turned to tell her friend to give it a rest, but before she said anything she caught sight of said new guy.

The locker belonged to what could only be described as a god. For once Kendra had not been exaggerating. He looked like he was made of marble, too perfect to be real, with his high cheekbones, luscious dark hair, perfect lips, olive skin tone, and jawline so sharp Cordelia might cut her finger if she tried to touch it.

Her lips parted, and she made a soft, embarassing noise, that ressembled a gasp.

"I know right?" Kendra whispered with a smug smile, directing her gaze away from the boy.

"Sweet baby jesus." Cordelia muttered under her breath. It was either that or, "Dayuuuuum!"

She grabbed her history book and shut her locker door, daring to look over her shoulder, she was surprised when she made eye contact with the boy. He had been staring. Not only that but a smirk spread across his sensual lips.