Chapter 79: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"Rin" I called and she became unnaturally still.

"Rin" I called again, but she didn't move. I moved a little closer, jumping slightly when her eyes shot open and the jutsu ceased. She sucked in a sharp breath as the dark chakra rushed back into her body, the white in her eyes were darkened. She raised her hand telling me to stop when I tried to walk towards her.

"I-I'm fine" She managed.

"I-I might have been spotted" She admitted.

"What?" I asked watching as she stumbled getting to her feet.

"My shadow might have been seen" She repeated and used the wall to steady herself. She rubbed her eyes and this time when she looked at me her eyes were clear.

"But I think I found him" She said confidently.

"Seriously?" I asked and she nodded starting another set of hand-signs.

"I need to get to Lady Tsunade now" She said quickly.

"Grab my arm and don't let go" She said firmly and I followed her orders. I grabbed her arm as a patch of darkness opened in the wall.

"Rin wait..."

"Let's go" I held on tight as she pulled me in. I made sure to keep with her pace as the world faded. It was suffocating. I didn't understand how she could see where she was going. I nearly tripped when she turned, an opening in the distance. I stumbled as we stepped through and sunk to my knees when the light hit my eyes.

"Rin, Shikamaru" I heard Lady Tsunade's voice but the world was spinning, and my stomach churned. It felt like I was going to be sick.

"Sorry, shadow transportation gets a few times to get the hang of. I passed out the first time I did it" She replied and I felt a hand on my back. I opened my eyes slowly, the world coming back into focus and took Rin's hand when she offered it.

"Easy" She said gently.

"Why are you here?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"Pein is coming" She said flatly.

"E-Excuse me?" Tsunade stammered.

"I found him, not far from here and he's on his way."

"What else do you know?" She demanded.

"Konan will be with them. He's after Naruto and there are six of him"

"You mean them?" Lady Tsunade questioned and she shook her head.

"No him, six of Pein. I tried to use my Sharingan to check it out but I was nearly detected. I had to cut the jutsu short" She explained.

"Six?" Lady Tsunade repeated, sounding doubtful but I could sense Rin's frustration.

"Look I'm just telling you what I saw! We don't have time for doubt, Pein is going to be here any minute and..." RIn was cut off by a loud explosion. An explosion that caught Lady Tsunade's attention almost immediately. I saw, what I normally didn't see in Rin, fear.

"It has to be him" Rin breathed.

"How could someone orchestrate an attack of this magnitude without being detected." Lady Tsunade questioned as she stared at out the window.

"Barrier core reporting ma'am, there was an intruder. It entered through out airspace. We sensed just one, but several attacks have been reported across the city." A shinobi from the barrier core rushed in with his report.

"Six, seven with Konan" Rin said firmly.

"Analysis core reporting, enemy strength estimated as three battalions in size." An ANBU had appeared and nodded when they say Rin to which Rin nodded in return.