Dan Daniel Goliat-Who?

The school bus ride continued on as they neared the school, just a few more minutes until they arrive. Sam had grown dreary of the gray colors and concentrated on the weird designs the school bus seats made, he imagined figures of grotesque and weird shaped bodies and made a story with them in his head. Suddenly, the bus was screeched to a halt and a big thump made itself known at the front of the bus. "What happened?" Called out a kid a few rows behind Sam, he too was curious as to what made such a noise. The bus driver started to grumble about having to clean road kill off the front of the bus until we all heard, "It's okay! I'm alright," called out a voice.

Confused and concerned, Sam stood from his seat, and being fairly close to the front of the bus, tilted his head to get a better look. His eyes widened when they landed on a figure, "Okay, I was not expecting to see a kid, and I wouldn't expect one to do that either," Sam mumbled in half disbelief and half confusion. Sam walked down the aisle to the front, it didn't seem like Mr. Woods noticed him since he was too busy radioing the school about the situation at hand, he didn't seem to care about this boy's condition either. Sam's eyes goggled at the dent on the bus, it was going to take a lot of money to repair that. Having only seen the boy's hair and part of their face, he didn't know who this kid was yet. Other kids on the bus became rambunctious and started to chatter about who this person was and whether it was an animal that was ran over, before Sam could say it was a boy that had ran into the front of the bus, the bus doors opened and in walked the boy.

Sam's eyes widened as he took in the appearance of the boy, this boy wasn't ordinary that's for sure. He had straight black hair and deep green eyes that scattered from face to face on the bus, he was wearing bright red high top converse with black jeans and a black shirt with letters as the design on it. He had a strange bracelet on as well. Sam felt intrigued and curious. The boy then teetered from side to side sheepishly, "Whoops, I am sorry about the bus," he said with a smile, "Didn't know your planets customs, thought I just might as well just and play chicken, am I right?" He continued. A groan was heard from Mr. Woods, "Ugh, new kids."

"Is he foreign?" Asked a short kid.

"He's probably European." Said one girl in the back.

"He dented my bus." Grumbled the bus driver.

The strange boy ignored all their comments and sat down next to Sam, "You don't mind me sitting here do you" He asked Sam with a smile. Still in disbelief,

"O-oh, no, not at all" He responded with, averting eye contact.

He heard the bus start up as the brakes made a loud screeching noise, seems like Mr. Woods was done talking to the school. Sam curiously glanced over at the new kid, he noticed what he hadn't seen before was he had one piercing. "Odd" Thought Sam. The boy felt Sam's gazed and glanced over giving him a smile. Flustered, Sam glanced the other way. Sam felt the boy turn around in his seat to face towards him, "So, what's your name?" He asked. Sam brought his head back up and turned to face the kid and prepared his sentence, "My name is Sam," He said, trying to seem as cool as he could. He was never good at socializing. "What's your name?" He asked curiously. The kid grinned this time, it unnerved Sam a little, he never seemed to run out of smiles. "My name is Dan Daniel Goliath Fitz Fitzgerald the third," He said proudly, holding up three fingers. "It's nice to meet ya Sam,". Sam nodded and tried wrapping his brain around the strange name, then again he shouldn't judge, he had a pretty weird last name himself. "Oh, would you mind if you showed me around your school once the bus gets there? I'm horrible with directions" He said with a slight chuckle. Sam nodded with the slightest smile, who knows, he might've just made a new friend. An odd one indeed. The bus came to a screeching stop, before he could tell anything to Dan he heard him whisper, "We won't be here for that long."