Chapter 17 - Shock

Hey guys so once again I have updated and I'm so sorry about the length. For some reason I cannot be arsed writing this which is annoying so I'm updating now so I can have a few days break before updating again. However, I will be uploading the prologue to My Pregnant, Human Mate tomorrow so check that out and vote for it.

My mother has had a successful operation and she's now at home resting which is good, but we won't know if the operation worked or not until her results come in. She has told me to thank you guys for wishing her luck.

Anyway I feel like writing My Pregnant, Human Mate may make me get back into writing this book because I really want to write four pages for you guys but only time will tell.

This needs to be finished by the end of October for the Watty Awards which is going to be a struggle since there is like another fifteen chapters left and also I am going into my last year at school which means my focus has to go to my studies. So as soon as I finish Mr CEO updates for my books will be slow. Like once a week, maybe not even that.

Anyhow, just enjoy this chapter and have a great week :) x

Comment!!!!!!!!!!

Vote!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron's POV

"C-cancer?" I stuttered. My one true friend who I could talk about anything to had cancer. Was she lying? She must've been. She looks healthy. Her hair is still in place, her skin is still glowing and she had energy everything someone suffering with cancer would struggle with.

"Yes, cancer."

"You're lying." I accused. "Why are you lying? You're perfectly healthy I know you -"

"I'm not lying Aaron, I know this is a shock for you, but I swear to you I am not lying."

I zoned out at this part and didn't want to listen to anything she had to say. She was one of the closest people to me, business wise and she couldn't even tell me that she was diagnosed with it. Friends tell each other everything, right? So why didn't she tell me?

"What cancer is it?" I asked determined to find out.

"Breast cancer."

"Well that's simple then. We can find an amazing doctor who will treat you and after a few months you will be fine. Cancer free."

"Stop right there Aaron. I've decided not to get treated. I want to die. it's my -"

"Do not finish that," I interrupted her. "Don't you date finish that. You will beat this. I can move you in with me and we can find you the best doctor who can treat you. It's simple. I'm sure Anna won't mind."

When I set my mind to something then I carried it out and right now I would do anything to make sure Gail was ok.

"Aaron, didn't you hear me? I. Want. To. Die."

"Why would you want to die? You love your job, your family."

"My family? What family? My daughter is too busy to even come and see her own mother and my son. Don't even get me started on him. All he cares about is alcohol and drugs and nothing else and yes I do love my job but want to take a guess at what I love more?"

I stayed quiet and listened to her.

"My husband. Four years he's been dead and it hasn't been a day gone by that I haven't thought of him. He is the one for me, dead or alive I know he's the one. He always has been. Right now he is looking over me from above, loving me every second of every day just like he used to. Don't you want that? Love?"